ADP

There are newer employer reviews for ADP

ADP - A pretty solid company

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at ADP

Pros

One is definitely able to advance within the company if you are willing to put forth the time, effort, and work. The compensation is adequate and my experience has been that my fellow employees are fairly nice people that are easy to get along with.

Cons

It seems, like many companies, that sometimes the upper management is a bit out of touch with the day to day happenings within the company and sometimes have certain unreal expectations of their employees. That said, I understand where they are coming from in that they also have goals and objectives they are expected to meet.

The best route isn't always the cheapest route.

1788 Other Employee Reviews for ADP (View Most Recent)

ADP: Sales consultants or slightly overpaid telemarketer?

Former Employee - Major Account Executive  in  Dayton, NJ
    Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Dayton, NJ

I worked at ADP

Pros

good intro to sales, but absolutely no opportunity to learn their touted consultative approach when the script you are being asked to use when cold calling is: hi this is abc from ADP are you looking to change payroll providers? if yes continue if no call someone else. they invest thousands of dollars training their salesforce in consultative selling and then they turn you into a telemarketer.

Cons

see above.
    Management style in many cases is absolute pressure onto sales without actually investing any time trying to improve the sales person, managers are also under a lot of pressure therefore they find it easier to run sales people to the ground and hire new ones.

prepare a better sales strategy and apply it on all levels, and monitor sales management so that they implement these techniques.

Good place to get started...if you can last.

Former Employee - District Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - District Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at ADP

Pros

For SBS, good place to get sales training, develop your business acumen, and test your work ethic.

I liked my co-workers, no Dwight Schrutes in my regional office.

Cons

It's outside sales, so you need a thick skin. The products are outdated and prone to error.

Customer support is poor, so you'll have clients calling you with technical issues that CS can't follow up upon.

Advancement is only up and within sales division, no lateral moving.

Replace the outdated EasyPay & Autopay products with a modern system that is easier to use (for the error-prone secretary) as well as simpler & quicker to implement.

Redesign customer service to have one point of contact for a client, specifically someone who will follow up on issues.

Give better incentives for clients to refer...one free payroll is a joke.

Sales Execs need to develop better relationships with banking channels at regional level.

There are newer employer reviews for ADP

Worked for ADP? Contribute to the Community!