Decent job, good income, little opportunity for advancement..

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

ADT has, by far, the best product in the home security business. They offer more monitoring than the competition and better equipment and home automation systems.

It has a GREAT brand. People know who they are. Very effective marketing and advertising.

Once the sales rep masters the process at ADT, from receiving appointments to closing out the sale and following up with unclosed customers, they can make a healthy, consistent income (up to 1K at the beginning of the month and up to 2K at the last week of the sales month after bonuses).

Incoming sales reps receive regressive training pay for sixteen weeks. They are also paid on a weekly basis.

Great entry level job if you desire to get into sales.

Cons

Sales reps are assigned several zones within a territory, but depending on the market they live in, reps might drive from 30 minutes to over an hour to reach their appointments. They are given two hours for most appointments, with some appointments receiving 30 minutes of "travel time". This travel time is rarely, if ever, enough. They are, after all, "high volume sales representatives" but the support needed to make the job efficient is extremely inadequate. It is LOTS of driving, LOTS of paperwork, and lots of going back and forth with the installation department, installation technicians, and their sales manager to get them to schedule jobs correctly and install the order as the customer purchased it. Sales reps will be expected to handle the complaints of their customers as they regard to billing and customer service. They will find that the billing and customer service departments will send the customer back to the sales rep without even attempting to rectify their concern.

Reps are in indirect competition with their dealers, who partner with ADT to sell monitoring services using their own equipment, which is often at lower prices.

Sales reps will work six days a week, including half days on Saturdays. You will have some long (12-13 hour) weekdays. New reps will need to keep this in mind if they have spouses and/or kids at home.

Upper management needs to understand the realities of what goes on "on the ground" in terms of prospecting for self generated leads and the pricing of the equipment compared to our competitors before they push their goals down to lower management and the sales reps.

Other Reviews for ADT Security Services

Lack of continuity and support, false representation of earning potential.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in West Palm Beach, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have the freedom to create your own schedule. If you have a lot of contacts and referral partners that really want to help you, you may get the units you need monthly.

Cons

Need to work at least 70 hours a week to make required unit numbers. Leads are average and inconsistent. ADT dealers undercut any proposal, quote, or bid you make. Dealers can also cut the monthly monitoring fees in half. ADT doesn't care if you or the Dealer gets the location because in the end its theirs.

Tell the truth about earning potential. Stop stealing leads and making reps pay commissions to you.

I just have experience of my interview and the hiring process, no nothing of what it is going to be like to work there.

Current Employee - Account Service Representative II  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Account Service Representative II in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

I start October 8, 2012 Monday at 8am. I like the monthly bonus of $400 monthly for great performance at your job. The shifts I will be working-10:00am-7:30pm and the fact I have every Sunday off and only work every Saturday from 10:30am-2:30pm

Cons

I have not starting working there yet, but once I am there for 2 months or 1 month I will let you know the downside later.

None as of now.

There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services.

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!