There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services

Small business sales

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative  in  McKinney, TX
Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative in McKinney, TX

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

iPad, nice training, decent hours, only 1saturday a month

Cons

If you ain't closeting, you don't make money

641 Other Employee Reviews for ADT Security Services (View Most Recent)

Not a place to align your career with

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are desperate to work.

Cons

The management is not sensitive to employee needs

You have to be willing and independent to do the work from day one. Your manager is not going to train or nurture you.

Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Small Business Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Paid training is a great concept since it's a 100% commission based position.
    -You have a wealth of resources that you have to pursue, meaning you have to put the time into researching and networking
    -Publicly traded on the NYSE and just split with Parent company less than a year ago, so to some degree it's kinda like getting in on the front end. Who know's how this will develop. I hope with stock options and more control over capital which will hopefully lead to better employee benefits in the future.
    -Rolling out the IPads is a great way to help us sell, lots more professional than our competition.
    -You work for the "Big Boy" in this industry. Technology is on your side here, along with a vast support area for customer service.
    -A compensation package that works pretty well. You have to be working in order to make money at this job. If you go after business relentlessly then you'll do well. Well suited for a competitive person that likes to achieve goals.
    -Great Job for someone who wants experience with business to business sales. Great entry level.
    -I have a boss with a wealth of experience and has been very supportive thus far, very little in house
      training but everything I have asked for has been followed up on.
    -The intensive sales training is great, and they spend alot of money on that. Also there has been corporate people come in to do specific area training. I don't think you'll find that with other competitors in this industry.
    -There seems to be a career track within this corporation. You have to prove yourself in sales, but from what I understand they really promote from within.
    -I have been able to shatter the sales expectations for a newly hired sales rep. I have worked hard, long hours, and driven a good deal. However, I have been very satisfied with the pay.
    -I researched this company on this site before I took the position, there is a good deal of negative reviews out there. I chose it because I needed somewhere to start with B to B sales and because of the technology. You have to work, period. There is alot that you can't control, but if you're good at sales, you'll do well. Well is a relative term, so for me I'm satisfied.

Cons

-I would like a base salary plus commission, but it's their structure and business plan.
    -Going into this job you have to realize a few things: (These are not neccesarily con's)
       a. You are responsible for your work as a salesman
       b. It's been my experience that I received very little training on product knowledge, procedure, and
            technical aspects what we sell. You have to be flexible and resourceful in order to get ahead
            otherwise you will become frustrated and bitter.
       c. Your manager is not going to hold your hand during training. It was pretty much get out there
            and get it done after about a week or so.
       d. Other salesmen are negative and bitter if they are not selling, you have to get past that to move
             forward.
    -You compete with your own company for sales. ADT has authorized dealers that are allowed to sell the products as well, especially in larger markets.
    -There are meetings and conference calls that take time away from being out there selling, however you still have expectations to meet.
    -If you can't handle pressure, this may not be the right job for you. It's all about how you handle it. I started feeling it about my second week on the job.
    -I never once had a manager make a call with me or present during a sale while I was in training or since, never rode with another experienced salesman either. That would have been helpful.
    -Since it's a publicly traded company, I would think there would be some stock options available to sales reps.
    -You will put a ton of miles on your car, make sure you have a good one and it would help for it to be fuel efficient. Gas money will eat you up if you're not selling

Take some pressure of the managers when they hire new sales reps. Allow them to develop them and not throw them out to the wolves. This has been a great experience for me so far and the company is going places. Help us out more in the gas allowance part, especially with gas in my area hovering around $4 per gallon.

There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!