ADT Security Services

www.jobsatadt.com
  www.jobsatadt.com
There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services

Nice place to start carrer

Former Employee - Tech Support in Rochester, NY
Former Employee - Tech Support in Rochester, NY

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Company did well at keeping morale up during busy times.
Decent health benefits. Also good stock options.

Cons

Had to stare at cubicle 8 to 10 hours a days. Long time on the phones(but that was the job).

Work in aiding the people that want to advance.

679 Other Employee Reviews for ADT Security Services (View Most Recent)

Not a customer obsessed job

Current Employee - Processor I Contract Services Order Entry in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

benefits, overtime, steady job, people you work with are nice

Cons

There is to much favoritism in the company. Promotions are given to people based on a popularity contest or because they want them out of the center. Company is not customer obsessed. Managers do not want to leave their desks to help with questions or talk to sales reps who are upset with the treatment they are receiving from agents on the floor. Little training and with a new system being used this is needed more than ever.

Spend less time micro managing and more time in training. Nail down policies. Every manager has a different answer to the same question. Spend more time in discipline with agents that are acting inappropriately. Actually enforce some of the policies such as dress code.

Not what it sounds

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and some freedom

Cons

I would like to first say that I'm not a slacker employee, I'm actually an above average rep that normally leads the team. Now the only reason I mention this is because when I first read these reviews I just blew them off thinking it was just the failures of the company complaining but with me that's not the case. This company does not no how to treat their employees and a lot of the promises you hear in your interview never come true.

The management does way to much micromanagement and over steps it's bounds way to often. The "amazing" training we are told that we will receive is nonexistent; you have to fail over and over before you get anything done so don't expect any income for at least the first year. Also the management forces the good reps to float the bad; at times it's almost better to be a bad rep. I could go on about the poor management for hours but ill just sum it up by saying management is a joke and a compleat let down.

Next, the sales quota is also a joke. Most reps are required to hit the 15&5 rule; 15 total units a month and 5 self generated sales (cold calls). Now this actually is a fairly easy quota but you are told you will receive company appointments that will help you hit 15 units. Now I was told I'd receive about 20 appointments a month which was a compleat lie; I'm lucky to receive close to 10. Out of the 10 half of those are useless leads which wast your time and gas. Now I know most sales jobs don't give you any leads and everything you do is based off cold calling so I am great full for the leads so I guess my complaint is the fact you are lied to about how the system works. So this means everything you do is done off of cold calling which actually isn't the bad since ADT's name is so well known it does almost ell itself. The problem is you can't even focus on cold calling because you are forced to do so many micromanagement things. In short you are basically forced to spend have you day working in salesforce doing things that help you in no way. In short the company actually fights itself in getting sales and again I could go on here for hours so in short expect no help from the company in generating sales and be prepared to lose sales because of the way the system is run.

Now for the pay; which I actually have good things to say. The pay is actually pretty good for most reps, there are a lot of bonuses to be made. Though I have to warn you here too, in some decisions of sales the bonuses just aren't there.

In summery adt has a lot of short comings and after my time here evening being a top rep I'm ready to jump ship. The good pay just is not enough to make up for all the bad. So my advice is keep looking there are better jobs out there.

P.S. I know there are people that still won't believe anything I'm saying so google Wall Street journals worst companys to work for 2013 and you'll find adt as the 6th worst place to work.

To much to list they are more harmful than they're worth

There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services