ADT Security Services

ADT ok to work for

Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Addison, IL
Former Employee - Residential Sales Representative in Addison, IL

I worked at ADT Security Services

Pros

When job started was able to set own hours as long as you were producing

Cons

When some other teams began to fail even the top performers began to be micromanaged

Focus on those who are not making it and leave the performers alone

709 Other Employee Reviews for ADT Security Services (View Most Recent)

Skip this company

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at ADT Security Services

Pros

The best reason to work for Security Choice is the nice co-workers and that you get a paycheck every two weeks.

Cons

The downside to Security Choice is that the information they tell you in the interview isn't what actually happens. They will tell you one thing about your job duties and expect you to do something completely different. They will tell you that you can make $85,000 your first year but in reality it's more like $30,000 a year. They want you to be aggressive and pushy with the sales calls even if the person isn't interested whatsoever in the product. You are expected to sale on every call, however it's not possible to sell when the person hangs up on you before you get to speak to them or if you call outbound and you get an answering machine then the call still counts against you. The environment isn't suited to helping the associates succeed but just make it. In order to make it at Security Choice you must be able to deal with rejection on every call and hear "No" many times or deal with the customers hanging up on you constantly. You must be able to have a short term memory quickly and quickly refocus because you will get another call immediately.

I personally would not recommend this company to someone with a family (wife & kids) because the demands and expectations will interfere with you family life.

Be realistic in what you tell potential employees during your interview process and follow through. Set up a better training program that teaches employees about more than basics with the job and teach what the true expectations are of the company. s

ADT!!

Current Employee - Administrative
    Current Employee - Administrative

I have been working at ADT Security Services

Pros

Family atmosphere!! Great benefits and company growth potential. They also pay for education which makes it easier for employees to better themselves and grow with the company.

Cons

I have to wait a year for benefits, 6 months for tuition benefits....urgh it sucks because I need the benefits now.

So far so good, I have only heard hear say so I have to work there loner to find out information for myself.

There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services