There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services

ITS NOT A JOB WHEN YOU ENJOY IT

Former Employee - Adt Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
Former Employee - Adt Sales Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

ADT had great training and supervisors by your side at all times.
You were providing customers comfort by informing them about their home security.
The pay was worth every bit of my job.
Unlike other companies, ADT taught me many different departments of the job.
Examples, complaints, billing, setting appointments etc.

Cons

Only downside is that you have to be on your tippy toes because one mistake can have a customer returning their system.

But its like that for any company.

YOU GUYS ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!

655 Other Employee Reviews for ADT Security Services (View Most Recent)

You get out of it what you put into it

Former Employee - Residential Resale Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Residential Resale Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked there for five years in what they call residential retention sales. Lots of autonomy, potential to make decent money (not great)

Cons

Managers tend to be micromanagers, overwhelming amounts of paperwork both for doing business as well as doing reports, activity logs, etc. Joke in my office was ADT = Another Dead Tree. They'll hire any one with a pulse and a car, training is negligible, and management is in constant rotation. At one point my manager changed 8 times in 10 months. In 5 years, It's a 100% commission job, so no sales = no paycheck. I had 5 different pay plans, and with each change, it got progressively worse for sales people. No sick pay, vacation pay when I was there was $35/day. So if I sell 5 units in a week at the end of the month, I could make $1000-$1500, but if I go on vacation that week instead, I get $175. Opportunity for advancement is slim, and if you do advance, your reward is basically more hours, almost all stuck behind a desk, for less money than you made when you were selling. It's a shame when at a company the size of ADT, you can be a top 5 sales person in a region (top 100 in the entire country) and not be earning 6 figures. Keep in mind my information is based on my time there, which ended in 2009. Things may have changed since then. But based on talking to the people I still know there, they haven't changed much.

Invest time in hiring quality, qualified people and building teams, rather than going for volume and seeing who sticks. Pick a commission plan and stick with it. Reward sales people for selling. A colleague I had there was consistently, year to year at about 150% of his quota. The year I started, he made well over $100K. The year before I left he was selling about the same amount, but was down well under $100K because of the ever changing commission plans. Also, base vacation pay on an average of the earnings of a salesperson over a period of time. Invest more in training and support for those that need it, and recognize that not all sales people need the same level of support!

it isa solid middle of the road workplace

Former Employee - Service Tech in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Service Tech in San Jose, CA

I worked at ADT Security Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large company, I'm sure it is like with any alarm company the quality of the work experience depends greatly on local management . that being said it feels likem a fairly stable environment .

Cons

This industry so far in general has a lot of whiners in it. and ADT has its share and then some. But with each new management change I have seen wholesale changes in culture. and being the industry it is with big companies buying up smaller ones this happens alot

none