ADT Security Services

www.jobsatadt.com

dead-end

Current Employee - Account Service Representative II  in  Jacksonville, FL
Current Employee - Account Service Representative II in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

people, one hour lunch, weekdays only

Cons

everything esle like inexperienced immature management

listen better to your employees, we are the ones in constant conversation with clients, we know what they want better

Other reviews for ADT Security Services

Spent 3 years there I must have liked it!

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Great people. Great product. High value proposition.

Cons

100% commission. Close to 90% self generated sales.

Recognize the need for better training and address it quickly.

A NON-opportunity. The worst job I ever had.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Orlando, FL

Pros

Can't think of anything - except a week's training, out of town, which was a huge waste of $, by the way. We all knew the "master sales close" b4 we left town; most only partied and spent the max per diem. Can't believe they haven't eliminated this huge waste.

Cons

1) Management is inept; you will rarely get leads; it's 100% cold calling,
    2) ADT can't even honor a 3 yr contract, raising rates midstream - see fine print!
    3) ADT rarely answers the phone - so many clients don't have the patience to call to complain
    4) TIP IF You're STUCK IN 3 YR AGREEMENT: YOU CAN REJECT THE INCREASE IN WRITING W/IN 30 DAYS AND THEY WILL OBLIGE.
    5) If you leave, let them fire you; file for unemployment - hit them in their pocketbook!
    6) Greed-oriented firm - hostile work environment, overworked people, underpaid, late pay
    7) I saw alcohol abuse on the job and sexual harassment by managers - and they just turn a blind eye to it - SO MAKE NOISE IF YOU SEE IT TOO - and document everything.
    8) Check to see if there's any class action lawsuits pending - if not now, there should be soon.
    9) No training after 1st week, altho they will pretend there is - but it's always about closing the sale, rarely about learning equipment, knowing the competition, training for new technology
    10) THERE IS NO SET FEE FOR EQUIPMT OR SERVICES FOR CLIENTS - the salesman controls it - so many unscrupulous ones charge so much more it's unbelievable - just to pad their own pockets - 10% on equipment and 40% for increases in monthly monitoring -
    11) IF THE CLIENTS KNEW THIS - and pretty soon they will - we would see a massive exodus from this brand.
    12) Run, don't walk, away from this "opportunity!"

Sell your stock options, and get out. This is a TEAR DOWN, REBUILD; and if that French firm acquires you, the first thing they'll do is fire management - since you destroyed the business and that much is clear to everyone.

There are newer employer reviews for ADT Security Services.

Worked for ADT Security Services? Contribute to the Community!