There are newer employer reviews for ADTRAN

Adtran is a great company, from the actual campus to the job itself.

Current Employee - Design Engineer
Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at ADTRAN

Pros

Atmosphere on the job is excellent. Overall,the employee base is friendly and helpful. Facilities are unmatched in Huntsville. The EN Division seems laid back. The company plays it conservative with most decisions, and in recent times, that has really helped Adtran. In a growth market, that does slow us down though. Adtran was named the best large company to work for in Huntsville.

Cons

Not any major ones. I believe the salaries probably average less than the contract defense jobs in the area. The main negative would be that we want to be a 1B dollar company, but try to operate like a small company in many regards. There is a reluctance to take any large steps forward.

Expect more.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good Company

I have been working at ADTRAN

Pros

Nice facilities, the main campus has a café, gym, and the grounds are well kept. Very good culture where the co-workers are friendly and the managers are laid back towards the ones working for them. Very successful company that has been profitable since its start in 1985.

Cons

Not a lot of chances for moving up into a higher paying position. The raises for the last 5-6 years have been subpar.

2. I have been working at Adtran for over 10 years.

I have been working at ADTRAN full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Adtran has good job security, and good benefits packages, work balance is good. Good job for getting a experience coming out of college.

Cons

There is not much chance for job advancement, you are pretty much stuff in the same job. The pay is low, morale is low.

Need to pay your employees more, need to have more company events like we use to have to build moral back up.

There are newer employer reviews for ADTRAN