ADTRAN

www.adtran.com
There are newer employer reviews for ADTRAN

Not what it used to be

I have been working at ADTRAN

Pros

ADTRAN has a nice campus and nice facilities

Cons

ADTRAN has changed for the worse over the last 5-7 years. Politics and finger pointing is becoming more rampant. Management has an extreme lack of focus. Moral is on the decline, with many long time employees exiting the company.

Bring back Mark Smith's management style and leadership.

68 Other Employee Reviews for ADTRAN (View Most Recent)

Adtran is a great company, from the actual campus to the job itself.

Current Employee - Design Engineer
    Current Employee - Design Engineer

I have been working at ADTRAN

Pros

Atmosphere on the job is excellent. Overall,the employee base is friendly and helpful. Facilities are unmatched in Huntsville. The EN Division seems laid back. The company plays it conservative with most decisions, and in recent times, that has really helped Adtran. In a growth market, that does slow us down though. Adtran was named the best large company to work for in Huntsville.

Cons

Not any major ones. I believe the salaries probably average less than the contract defense jobs in the area. The main negative would be that we want to be a 1B dollar company, but try to operate like a small company in many regards. There is a reluctance to take any large steps forward.

Expect more.

7 years and counting with a window seat.

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Huntsville, AL
    Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at ADTRAN full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Laid back atmosphere. Almost too laid back. Get the job done and you may never see your boss. Technically challenging. Always something new to work on. Open door policy so you can get information from just about anyone about anything.

Cons

Get the job done and you may never see your boss. I did list this as a pro, but it can be a negative. I've been here 7 years and talked with my manager about 10 times. Talked to my boss's boss about twice. No movement. It will take 15 years and everyone in your group to leave before you are promoted.

Move your engineers around or they will leave. Its not about the money, its about keeping the minds working. Working on different projects. The ones that know the job, promote.

There are newer employer reviews for ADTRAN