There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Overall good experience except for very poor COBRA administration.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Pros

I have experienced challenging engagements and. opportunities to propose and execute innovative solutions to complex projects. I am trusted to manage my time appropriately.

Cons

The handling of COBRA benefits for my ex-spouse has been very disappointing. Why in the world would AECOM or ADP send the COBRA election information to the employee instead of directly to the person who needs to elect COBRA coverage? What would happen if this was a contentious situation and I decided not to pass it on? Some team in the Benefits department in Houston did not notify ADP of a change of address resulting in a 1-1/2 month delay in receipt of the initial forms when there is a 2 month limit for electing COBRA coverage. ADP outsources its 800 calls to India. The people answering the phone read from a script and try to dismiss the caller if the request is outside of the script. It is up to the caller to persist and request to be transferred. ADP appears not to communicate some key information among its various departments because contradictory letters have been generated. A recent conversation with ADP confirmed that ADP is struggling to decide which plans are available.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for prompt and accurate COBRA administration. Monitor AECOM's benefit administration team on a regular basis to ensure timely action. Ask for feedback from COBRA participants and take corrective action promptly.

Other Employee Reviews for AECOM

1. Not a very good experience.

Former Employee - Operations in Springfield, VA
    Former Employee - Operations in Springfield, VA

Pros

Very senior management is good. The work is generally interesting. Not continuously high pressure. Co-workers are nice. Facilities are good.

Cons

Many issues with several projects ranging from invoicing to operations keep the customers on their case, resulting in a usually defensive posture and bad relationships. Many of those problems are never given longterm fixes and are repeated, causing sometimes simultaneous brushfires. There are some favorites who can't do anything wrong, even though their projects are continuously suffering. Things are not always but too often chaotic.

Advice to Management

Mend the relationships with the customers. There's more emphasis on winning new work than there is on doing a good job and fostering good relations for the work that already exists.

Nothing to write home about

Current Employee - Project Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

There are free bagels on Fridays; plenty of chances for PDH's during lunchtime; very nice Christmas party; my boss is a good guy; the people in my department are nice.

Cons

I came through acquisition - I thought that company was dysfunctional! There are so many things, where would I begin? First if you have a problem with a company policy or your trying to find something out , you have another problem because nobody gives a hoot about your problem. Too many forms that constantly change and no instructions; if you're a PM the system for tracking costs stinks; accounting dept is overworked so they keep badgering PM's about things that should have been resolved months ago; the company will layoff some admin people then blow $20 grand on a dinner; occasional ribbing from clients and colleagues about F. R. Harris (never worked there) being a shady operation; utilization; can't trust other departments - if it's not their budget they'll screw you big time (but at least it's done with a smile). All these dumb promos to lift people's self-esteem (I'm surprised they don't give out awards just for showing up everyday). I could go on but what's the point?