AECOM

www.aecom.com
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Benefits

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

They are among the best I know..... currently

Cons

As mentioned in so many other comments AECOM is concentrating on Utilization... waiting for the day everyone other than corporate pays for themselves. Yes also as mentioned MAJOR changes are coming and I am certained that our wonderful benefits are at the top of the list! We were asked in April to prepare for open enrollment for year 2013 benefits.

None....just venting.... can't imagine they would care even if they did read it. it's all about our stock - not humanity!

917 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

The environment is quite diverse and global in nature. It's an opportunity to work with multidisciplinary talent.

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a creative and you'd environment with numerous travel opportunities.

Cons

Currently it's top heavy so very small window to move up and salaries are below industry standards.

Please review salary scales and equalize based on years of experience and qualifications. Also review reporting structure as there are a few nepotism cases.

Poor recognition of skilled and hard workers

Former Employee - Engineer in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)
    Former Employee - Engineer in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

I worked at AECOM

Pros

Ability to work for a well recognized company with opportunities to work in other countries. Large network of people with huge range of skills and industry recognition can be extremely helpful when competing on tenders for projects or when working on them.

Cons

Felt like a factory. Worked 10+ hour days with no recognition for efforts in middle east offices. Practically no opportunity for professional development. Ineffeiciences through hiring of cheaper staff with knowledge and training not up to par. Leaves huge stress on well educated and practical staff who have the ability to deal with engineering challenges outside the code/textbook "I can follow a recipe" approach. HR and senior management a joke - HR treat all staff as expendable due to the sluggish local economy.

Identify your top staff and the hard work they put in - build support network around these people to create efficient and well performing project teams. Dont just manage from a bums on seats approach and think that a critical mass will get the job done.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM