Solid company with great benefits

Former Employee - Project Director  in  Houston, TX
Former Employee - Project Director in Houston, TX

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Health insurance is second-to-none.
Lots of room for growth and advancement.
Opportunities abound worldwide.

Cons

Publicly traded (401k match is in company stock, which doesn't increase in value - check it)
Houston, Texas branch is set up with unhealthy competition between operating groups.

Lots of "pitting employees against one another" to try and increase productivity and sales - this works in the short term, but eventually sets up islands within the company and creates a bad overall work environment.

Other Reviews for AECOM

I would prefer a root canal.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

I have been working at AECOM full-time

Pros

I have a job. There's a deli in the building. I have a window.

Cons

Management appears more interested in the appearance of success than actual success. Few people seem to understand how to do their jobs. There are no defined roles and responsibilities and, if there are, they are classified and we're left to figure it out on our own. When you work hard, you get to live another day, but no one recognizes you. Management loves to congratulate itself but the people who actually do the work are forgotten. Bad behavior is rewarded. It's like working on a reality television show. Yes, "The Office" is based on reality.

Replace them and hire a management team that can make this company successful.

It's OK

Current Employee - Structural Engineer  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Structural Engineer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good people, variery of interesting projects, health benefits are very good, access to a wide variety of design codes and specifications

Cons

Bloated beurocracy with many vice presidents, new initiatives / policies are constantly being rolled out,company does everything it can to save $ (eliminates secretaries, pushes employees into small office spaces with no privacy, makes it near impossible to attend conferences to meet PDH requirements, etc etc.), raises are mediocre despite numerous emails stating how well the company is doing, I could go on.....

Don't keep saying that you care about morale and retaining top talent while continuing on with policies stated above.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!