There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Good work experience as far as learning, but stressful at times

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at AECOM as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

learned how to use AutoCad, HAP, and how to read engineering drawings for structural, mechanical, and other disciplines

Cons

hectic and stressful at times when projects were due
occasionally expected to work over time

Have the interns have an adviser who helps them out and not other employees

859 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

I used to love working there, now I would hesitate to recommend a job there to anyone

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Most of the people there were great, cooperated and got along very well, I had a decent salary that paid my mortgage and allowed nice vacations. Friday bagels and donuts, the building was well lit and recently remodeled

Cons

Where do I start? After having spent many years and promised advanced training it never managed to appear. Now after all the lay offs especially in the IT department recently, now it takes days to get any help out of the weakened overworked IT staff, most everyone I know who is still there hates the stressful working environment and are wondering if they too will be laid off and are looking for a new job.

I understand you had to cut back some due to your behemoth size and the global economic downturn but did you really need to hamstring everyone who is trying to get their job done? Didn't you learn anything from the TYCO debacle?

Change was inevitable - don't expect a publicly owned company to act like a mom and pop

Current Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Broad range of project types and locations provide good opportunites - especially for entry level and mobile emloyees. Decent pay and benefits. Recognition (that unfortunately does not always result in beneficial action) that people are the most important asset.

Cons

Publicly-owned company translates to relentless foucs on quarterly financial results and makes long term investments difficult. Some uneveness in management ranks - entitlement rather than merit.

Remember what got you big - good people, client focus.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM