There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Excellent place to work if you are into looking out of the window or into playing lottery, otherwise stay clear.

Current Employee - Current Employee (for now) in Norfolk, VA
Current Employee - Current Employee (for now) in Norfolk, VA

I have been working at AECOM full-time

Pros

The new downtown Norfolk office is very nice and quiet, except occasional emergency vehicle sirens. Good view from the window. On a clear day you can see very far. On a rainy day not so much, but still the view is good. There is a large selection of work spaces to choose from and plenty of free space. Norfolk office is hiring again...

Cons

...after more than half of employees got laid off earlier this year. A good many people left not waiting to be the next "corporate lottery" winners.

Enjoy your year-end bonus. Good luck with your layoffs. I hope your firings go really well.

reviews filtered by

Great place for growth

Former Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Arlington, VA
    Former Employee - Proposal Coordinator in Arlington, VA

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I learned a great deal while working here. Advancement opportunities and mentoring was excellent. The people were the best part and made it so I wanted to come to work everyday. I grew a great deal professionally and was exposed to all aspects of the international development process.

Cons

Expect long hours and quick turnarounds. This is a fast paced environment, which means 60+ hours a week depending on the position you are in. Some people find this invigorating, others find that work is their life. It really depends on the person you are and what you want out of a career.

Mega-project chasing giant who cares more about stock shareholders than its own employees.

Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Graduate Engineer in Houston, TX

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Offices and projects across the globe.

Cons

No investment in employees; employees are treated more as plug-and-play resources rather than individuals with careers.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM