There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Opportunities to work on large, high profile projects

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Competitive, results driven organization.
Opportunities to work on large, high profile projects.
Able to work on a wide variety of projects.

Cons

Large, complex firm that has many layers of burocracy that often needs to be navigated to get things done.
Focus on large projects often overshadows the importance of small projects

Need to make things easier for staff to react quickly to opportunities

reviews filtered by

Disappointing

Former Employee - Marketing in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Marketing in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some wonderful, talented colleagues who are passionate about and highly committed to what they do.
    A great mix of staff from all over the world which brings a range of opinions, cultures and experiences to the working environment.

Cons

As the organisation grew, the positive and proactive mood changed dramatically. A lack of independence and enhanced control from the US has turned the local region into a bureaucratic sheep.
    Very poor integration strategies with the smaller companies which AECOM purchased, leading to further discord.
    Very clear that being 'friends' and spending time socially with management was key to longevity and success in this particular office.
    This was further evidenced by unprofessional, inappropriate and downright unacceptable behaviour in the office by certain key area leaders which went unnoticed and unaddressed due to their close personal relationships with management. As such, no recourse for staff who had issue with this.
    No career opportunities for the support/administrative services and poor remuneration. Despite working extremely hard, going beyond targets and having a good reputation and support of many staff, my own remuneration, and that of my team, was kept stagnant due to the greed of my manager.
    A lack of people management training for those leading teams. No accountability in this regard either - in a team where 6 out of 8 team members were turned over in a year, I would have thought some alarm bells might ring and some examination of that team might be worthwhile.
    Some inexplicable business processes and decisions lead to a number of morale lows throughout my two years there.
    Such a shame that a company with a large collection of such fantastic and skilled employees turned into a toxic and unhealthy environment for people like myself and others who unfortunately were in the wrong team at the wrong time.

No advice to management - they should be spilled and refilled with a fresh batch who may still possess ethics, professionalism and unbiased business sense.

Started off well, but in the end business line was shut down due to lack of projects.

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

multinational, different interesting projects across different business lines, big projects

Cons

decisions take too long to be made, no training provided, "short term" views

Support your junior stuff more

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM