AECOM

www.aecom.com

clients are upset and looking to other enginering firms.alot of our expertise has left

Senior Engineer (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

Prosit is a job and fellow employees are good people , the few that are left

ConsThe company is completely disfunctional. Engineers are expected to do the Accountants' jobs. What the accountants actually do makes no sense, and only makes your life more difficult. It takes a month to get the 6 approvals necessary to install new software on your computer. Internal competition is rampant. Offices directly compete with each other over work. The idea of "working on a team" is non-existent.

Opportunity for advancement is minimal. As a technical person you become "the guy" of something, but have no opportunity to ever do anything else, which is not exactly what a 25 year old engineer is looking to do.

The other option is to become a Project Manager which is a High Risk/Low Reward position. Basically, the only way I've seen the company win projects is to vastly under-price the work. It then becomes the PM's job to pick up the pieces. And when the project inevitably loses money, it's the PM's fault. If by some miracle you do manage to finish a project on schedule and budget, there is no reward. I really don't understand how this company can be making money.

Basically, working here is like waiting in line to die. I'm still alive, but what's the point. I look at people who have been working here for a long time and either feel sorry for them, or want to throw up. Time to move on.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis business model is broken, and I don't think there's any way to fix it. When business is down, it is still best to treat employees with respect. We (the employees) all want the best for our clients AND each other.

Great Work Life Balance

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than a year

Pros: The ability to work from home occasionally is a nice… Cons: It's hard to get the educational benefits they claim they offer. Layoffs are a monthly happening which is… Advice to Senior Management: Limited room to grow and gain professional development. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

What it used to be.......

Project Engineer I (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at AECOM full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Used to be a great place to work. Used to win significant projects in US.… Cons: A lot. Suspect hires in upper management in NY. Now its not what you know or can do,… Advice to Senior Management: Quit. Start over. Become leaner up top. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AECOM.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!