www.aecom.com
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

AECOM

I have been working at AECOM full-time

Pros

alternative work week program with every other friday off

Cons

commute
not a great work culture

909 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

Urban Planning with focus on military planning.

I worked at AECOM

Pros

There was some opportunity for growth. In general the staff were friendly and progressive.

Cons

Some of the project managers were too hierarchical and stifled idea generation from staff members.

Kicking water uphill would be more rewarding.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A steady paycheck and decent health insurance in a down economy are the only major positive aspects of this job. Being at the lowest possible level of the organizational ladder also allows for leaving work at the door when going home for the day.

Cons

I could write a book and would still not have enough space to adequately express my dissatisfaction with nearly every facet of this job that does not involve drawing a regular paycheck.

Employees are treated as numbers on productivity reports. We have no worth outside of increasing shareholder value, which has been directly stated as our prime directive in multiple meetings.

Senior employees from multiple legacy organizations absorbed by AECOM sing the praises of how things used to be. New employees march as instructed until they're sufficiently indoctrinated, or they give up and quit within six months.

Management has little or no direct knowledge of the functions they oversee. There is little room for the advancement of truly skilled and dedicated employees -- managers seem only to hire their friends (externally or internally). Career advancement is a myth for entry-level employees within the current structure.

When the job market improves, there will be a mass exodus of talented employees. Prepare accordingly.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM