AECOM

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Endless, Slow Downward Slide

Former Employee - Environmental Scientist
Former Employee - Environmental Scientist

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are generally professional, likable, and friendly.
Willing to offer flexible schedules; good about avoiding excessive individual workloads.
Support staff (nonprofessional) tend to be very helpful and caring; however this trait is quickly dissipating over time.
Good opportunities to learn, get training, and try new tasks and various projects.

Cons

Horrendous pay with a laughable [minimum] yearly raise and sub-par benefits.
Frequently lay-off employees due to light workload ... and then look to hire again without any reason or improvement in workload.
Have no qualms about firing/laying-off workers just in time for holidays.
Huge disparity in work consistency and quality between offices; offices are extremely resistant to sharing work with each other.
Poor quality control in outgoing/final documents (grammar, spelling, etc.).
Immense disparity about operational procedures and quality between offices. Upper management (office/department/program managers, etc.) on the west coast is downright horrible to work for/with, with a tendency to be lazy, whereas midwest upper management is much better. Lower level workers are generally good quality throughout.
H&S program is becoming suffocating to field personnel, causing field activities to suffer.
Increasing trend of project managers not managing their projects, delegating duties to others. What exactly are they managing?!

Stop acquiring companies and absorbing them into AECOM. Instead, work on improving the current company and its operations.

882 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

I'm glad I'm no longer with AECOM

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Employees in the local offices are knowledgeable and want to help each other
    Great health benefits
    Local managers care about the employees but they have no say in who is laid-off.

Cons

No loyalty from senior management
    Employees routinely laid-off and replaced with less experienced/less expensive new hires
    Pay raises of 2% or less are routine.

Instead of laying-off employees at the local level, trim the fat at the senior management level. T

Step child employee

Current Employee - Biller in Glen Allen, VA
    Current Employee - Biller in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

If I think of any I will let you know.

Cons

I work in finance. If you think the main line employees are treated like crap non business line employees don't even exist as people. After getting an average review (no one gets a above average. We don't have any of those. I got a one half of one percent raise. I have never worked anywhere for bigger bastards than these people. I have been with the company over five years. Like everyone I work with is looking for a job.

Walk in front of a bus. And don't forget you $10,000,000 stock options.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM