AECOM

www.aecom.com
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

no coment

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

no words to describe work

Cons

look at the outcome of things

the fault of sides will be your downfall.

909 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

Endless, Slow Downward Slide

Former Employee - Environmental Scientist
    Former Employee - Environmental Scientist

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Coworkers are generally professional, likable, and friendly.
    Willing to offer flexible schedules; good about avoiding excessive individual workloads.
    Support staff (nonprofessional) tend to be very helpful and caring; however this trait is quickly dissipating over time.
    Good opportunities to learn, get training, and try new tasks and various projects.

Cons

Horrendous pay with a laughable [minimum] yearly raise and sub-par benefits.
    Frequently lay-off employees due to light workload ... and then look to hire again without any reason or improvement in workload.
    Have no qualms about firing/laying-off workers just in time for holidays.
    Huge disparity in work consistency and quality between offices; offices are extremely resistant to sharing work with each other.
    Poor quality control in outgoing/final documents (grammar, spelling, etc.).
    Immense disparity about operational procedures and quality between offices. Upper management (office/department/program managers, etc.) on the west coast is downright horrible to work for/with, with a tendency to be lazy, whereas midwest upper management is much better. Lower level workers are generally good quality throughout.
    H&S program is becoming suffocating to field personnel, causing field activities to suffer.
    Increasing trend of project managers not managing their projects, delegating duties to others. What exactly are they managing?!

Stop acquiring companies and absorbing them into AECOM. Instead, work on improving the current company and its operations.

You never know if you'll get laid off

Former Employee - IT Manager
    Former Employee - IT Manager

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The employees are great and the reason I stayed there for over twenty years. The company has grown too big and I felt more like a job title and employee number than who I was as a person and what I was worth to the company.

Cons

Compensation varied greatly due to the payscales not being normalized of employees of the former opcos (operating companies that were bought by AECOM). Communication from upper Corporate IT is horrible at this point in time since my boss didn't know that I was laid off or that his boss had quit until I told him!

Corporate IT laid off over twelve IT managers without fully realizing the value of the talent and knowledge lost because of this action and is currently hurting the company.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM