There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Great company but don't ask HR to help

Former Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AECOM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Benefits Good Pay Interesting Projects Up to date safety training High in ethical training

Cons

Lack of concern about employees growth. Lack of Human Resources conflict resolution Lack of being able to keep employees billable during slow times. Lack of interest into marketing to new clients. Lack of upper management conflict resolution.

Advice to Management

Listen to the needs of your employees with emphasis on the goals and growth potential of an individuals assessments. Keep in mind that people are the basis for the companies growth and not just the bottom line financially of the company. Above all do not let the complaints of an individual be brushed aside do to race, sex, capability, age or sexual orientation. Consider the growth of your company instead of sweeping things under the rug or out the door.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

One step forward followed by two steps back...that's the AECOM way...

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at AECOM full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are still some talented employees; however, I'm not sure how much longer they will stay. Most are fleeing the sweat shop.

Cons

Upper management is out to squeeze every penny they can for themselves; they are part of a good ole boys club that made themselves millionaires as they merged smaller firms together at the expense of employees. Many of the smaller companies used to be good, but upper management destroyed them and hired some of the most dysfunctional middle managers on the planet. The company is full of back stabbers who talk sweet to your face. There is no cooperation and pay is slightly below industry average. The company has COMPLETELY reorganized every year for the past 6 years! We are constantly being moved into new regions, new districts, etc. I've even seen them layoff our district manager just to bring him back a year later. I hope they gave him a good bonus to come back! Every time an employee gets promoted, the company re-organizes and re-titles everyone to keep good employees down. You might make it out of that trap, but only if you are a token minority or part of the good ole boy club. The only other people that I've seen make it are those that consistently loose money on projects--no idea why that works, but it seems to be the magic formula for promotion. I've seen many of my outstanding coworkers just take one step forward followed by one step back with each re-organization. The new model is to not even give employees cubes, let alone offices that licensed professionals have everywhere else. In Houston, they have replaced offices and cubes with tables out in the open! It is ridiculous and upper management continues to spin lies that they have done surveys showing this is more productive and better liked by employees. Houston is like working in a giant call center--the QVC operators probably have a better facility.

Advice to Management

Put professionals back in offices and operate like a real company. The cubicles from the movie "Officespace" are better than the awful facilities employees now have. Respect your employees and quit acting like true professionals are a just a bunch of union workers on an hourly wage.

2. Great firm where one can obtain varied and diverse professional work experience and opportunities.

Current Employee - Environmental Planner in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Environmental Planner in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AECOM full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Diverse portfolio of projects and opportunities.

Cons

The firm employs more professionals than any other similar company, but it's difficult networking with other environmental planners.

Advice to Management

Employees should be better organized under supervisors and technical professional groups of with similar backgrounds and experience.