There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

good

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

everything is good for the moment

Cons

not to beautiful girls around

827 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

This is a difficult place to work

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Its steady employment.
    The projects are interesting and impressive.
    The people you are in the trenches with are smart, good people who will never be promoted, just like you.
    Good benefits, which is why most of us are still working here.

Cons

You are a # and not a person, kind of like prison.

Run by accountants and they will constantly remind you that you are screwing up 'their' budgets.

Those projects that are great are consistently run by inexperienced and bumbling leaders who will drain the budget, make terrible decisions, and/or do nothing (if your lucky).

This is a giant corporation, run by people who are very proud of creating this conglomerate through mergers and acquisitions, but whose leaders have no experience in running a giant corporation and its really obvious. Expect major rebranding, reorganization, shuffling of staff every two years. It gives the presidents something to do.

When you are hired, get the salary you want then. You will be told from then on that you should be grateful for your job, you can easily be replaced and your lucky if you get 2-3% raises that don't cover cost of living increases. But its all corporate's fault and no one can do anything about it - which isn't comforting.

Ever see that article "10 Things Bad Managers Say"? Expect to hear at least one of them everyday.

If you see a happy slogan promoting something chipper on a poster around the office(i.e. "Celebrate Diversity", "Go Green", "Promoting from Within"), the opposite is going on. It's a running joke...

Take a management class. Or review your MBA materials, please, for all of our sakes.

AECOM gave me trainings and experiences that can build a career growth but the management is not helping for that growth

Current Employee - Environmental Engineer  in  Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at AECOM full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

exposed to different work settings, local travel

Cons

the conflict of interest that is affecting the work environment is not being dealt

there is a conflict of interest (management) in the environment division in the philippine office that is making me want to leave my very good job right now. the manager has a relationship with a subordinate. and now the subordinate got promoted and they are both in the same position to look as if there is no conflict anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!