AECOM

www.aecom.com
There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

Will it ever get better?

Current Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Project Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at AECOM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They are really good about making sure employees get paid on time and reimbursed for expenses.

Cons

Limited to no communication between management and staff and between business lines; monthly shifts in what is important to management; APIC, ever decreasing benefits, OneAECOM is very district-focused and limited opportunities are able to break these boundaries. They have failed to incorporate the existing heritage companies to date; what's going to happen with URS?

There is a huge disconnect between upper management and technical staff. Please, please, please communicate with your employees. How many surveys do we need to fill out before you understand that we don't know what you want.

909 Other Employee Reviews for AECOM (View Most Recent)

You can get lost at this place.

Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wide variety of engineering disciplines to work with. There are many talented people in this organization.

Cons

When they are through with you they will throw you out like a piece of garbage. Six weeks after being let go, I got an email begging me to return due to a resignation. I was already signed up with a competitor.

Engineers are rock stars in this business… you can't treat your people like a single mom working at Walmart. It may take a year to replace that person you just lost. A few kind words in person or by phone (not email or text!) go a long way.

Man they don't know what they are doing.

Former Employee - Planner in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Planner in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AECOM full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Aecom is huge and as a result when it dose move it can capture interesting projects and good assignments

Cons

The acquisition strategy that the firm uses to grow creates 100s of different cultures, silos and turf wars.

Stop the constant reorganizations