There are newer employer reviews for AECOM

EASY TO BECOME A SMALL FISH IN A BIG POND

Current Employee - Engineer I in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Engineer I in Arlington, VA

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Top company within the field, many diverse and large projects to work on, global opportunities within the company, coworkers are pretty friendly and relaxed, business casual environment.

Cons

AECOM is a company of acquisitions. Within the past 2.5 years that I've worked here, AECOM has acquired at least 8-10 smaller firms. This can have its pros and cons. The pro is it gives AECOM more opportunities to seek diverse projects. The con is you are adding more employees to the staff and thus possibly limiting growth opportunites for the current staff. Also staff must be at an associate level or higher before they can qualify for company bonuses. In order to become an associate you must work here for a minimum of 5 years before even being considered to become one.

Provide more leadership development opportunites for junior employees. Invest more into employee salaries, currently they are not the most competitive in the industry.

reviews filtered by

Looking for something new

Current Employee - Geologist/Project Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - Geologist/Project Manager in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

Time off whenever I need it. Low supervision.

Cons

Low areas for growth. AECOM likes to use there junior staff and not promote them.

Star tlistening and stop comanding.

ok

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at AECOM

Pros

good projects for the most part. fairly ethical management that hires competent people. In general, there is an appreciation for diverse personal interests

Cons

In general, it is unclear how to advance or what types of employees are considered to be valuable. Because it's a large company, the finance aspect between different groups is confusing.

Provide clear detail of what type of employee is considered valuable. There is a discrepancy between the opinion of the staff and the management of who contributes to the success of the company.

There are newer employer reviews for AECOM