AECOM
www.aecom.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Worse Job I've Had in 40 Years

San Diego, CA

I have been working at AECOM

ProsFriendly co-workers who want to do a good job.

ConsVery myopically profit-oriented at the expense of employee morale. Employees always warned that they are next in line for layoff if they don't meet billability expectations.
Does NOT support mentoring, training or professional development despite what their career ads say. Management refuses to pay for training; makes employees pay out of own pocket.
The people who do the hard work and produce the product don't get the bonuses. Bonuses are only handed out to managers who bullwhip their staff into coming in under budget on projects.
Top management not trust-worthy-speak out of both sides of mouth.
Everyone is so fearful of going over budget and charging to overhead that no one helps each other and junior level staff are thrown to the dogs to fend for themselves.
Salaries not commensurate with cost of living. Benefits are minimal.
Management has no training in communicating to staff or in conducting performance reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company is in free fall. It owes more than the revenues it takes in. It hasn't learned over the past year that "too big to fail" is a myth? Motley Fools advise: SELL YOUR AECOM STOCK!!!!!

ok

Sacramento, CA

I have been working at AECOM

Pros: good projects for the most part. fairly ethical management that hires… Cons: In general, it is unclear how to advance or what types of employees are considered… Advice to Senior Management: Provide clear detail of what type of employee is considered valuable. There is a discrepancy between… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Will leave at the first opportunity.

Arlington, VA

I have been working at AECOM

Pros: Quite a few talented hardworking people. The salary is… Cons: No guidance. No opportunities for professional growth and development. Some of the managers are incompetent and rude. No… Advice to Senior Management: Empower employees. There should be a clear career path and… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AECOM.

Worked for AECOM? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AECOM reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AECOM CEO Michael S. Burke. All reviews posted anonymously by AECOM employees.