There are newer employer reviews for AEG

Good place to learn and grow your skills

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AEG

Pros

It's a pretty good company to work for. Lot's of great perks, such as free tickets and access to behind the scenes stuff. I've won tickets to the Emmys and GRAMMYs because of sales contests. The environment is mostly fun and young. It's a good place to start in your first or second job, right out of college.

Cons

Corporate setting, a little gossipy, political, cliquey, LOTS of hours (60+ hr weeks are not uncommon), aggressive sales goals that many have a hard time hitting. As a sales person, you only make money off bonuses and commissions, so if you don't hit your goals, you aren't making a lot of money.

Advice to Management

Don't try to make the setting so corporate and professional. We work in entertainment, so a laid back office would be more appropriate. Also, a little recognition of working long weeks of office hours, nights, weekends, special events etc...

reviews filtered by

A frustrating place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG

Pros

They offer a great package of benefits for all employees. Pay scale is fair but not generous. There are a few great upper level executives.

Cons

Manager's sole concern is the bottom line. Developing talent and managing people are not their strengths. Internal corporate politics destroy all morale.

2. Great Company, Long Hours, Poor Management

Current Employee - Buyer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AEG

Pros

AEG is such a huge company with a lot of potential. The groups they deal with and the events that they handle are by far the best in the world. If your goal is to work in an entertainment company AEG is number 1 for events.

Cons

Unfortunately the Upper management had no communication skills and lacked leadership. Hours were very long 18-20 hours a day and with little to no days off for the first 2 years i was there. We were not allowed any vacation, and employees were always paid late, usually months late. I feel as though you get lost in this huge company, and instead of being treated like an employee you are treated like a number. Office politics were always apparent and the overall environment was very stressful.

Advice to Management

If management treated their employees more like people instead of machines they would have less turnover. We are the people that continue to make this company a success and we see little to no recognition. Communication is key to running a successful business and you lack this skill. AEG is such an AMAZING company I can only imagine how much more you could do if you treated your employees with a little respect.