AEG
www.aegworldwide.com Los Angeles, CA 5000+ Employees

Frustrating isn't the word for it

Los Angeles, CA

ProsAEG is exciting - they have their hands in everything! I love their ambition and ability to take on new projects (i.e. Farmers Field - NFL stadium in LA) within new markets at whim. They take risks and have the financial backing of billionaire, Philip Anschutz, to make their dreams turn into reality. The business prospects and future of AEG are bright due to their business model, financial backing and lack of any real competitors. I was thrilled to nail the job at AEG and had the best intentions upon accepting my offer letter. I made it to the big leagues... or so I thought.

ConsManagement provides little to no training to their employees (I was trained by a third party consultant), fails to foster growth & does not recognize the work that is being done by each individual. Nor will they back you in discussions with top management. They continually throw hard working people who do the majority of the work under the bus at whim. They burn employees to the ground with unrealistic amounts of work all with deadlines that can't be met unless one succumbs and burns the midnight oil - thus many will ultimately get forced out. I can't tell you the amount of people that I've seen who have been "let go" due to their at will employment clause which they mention 2x in every single job posting/description. Take note, it happens to the best of them. Lastly, if you ask for help or more assistance in managing your workload, you will be belittled and told the deadlines are what they are.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe stiff, corporate, cutthroat, "do or die" environment is not conducive to productivity and creates a very hostile work environment. Management needs to offer training & support their employees. Turnover will remain staggeringly high until you change this mentality. Management also needs to create a team environment where everyone feels they are working together towards a deadline/goal. If that means a manager or director needs to get involved in the work and help out, so be it. Quit with the "he/she didn't get it done in time" - start using "we" and watch how the environment becomes more productive, intuitive & enjoyable to be in.

Good place to learn and grow your skills

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AEG

Pros: It's a pretty good company to work for. Lot's of great perks, such as free tickets and access to behind the scenes stuff. I've won… Cons: Corporate setting, a little gossipy, political, cliquey, LOTS of hours (60+ hr weeks are not uncommon), aggressive sales goals that many have a hard time… Advice to Senior Management: Don't try to make the setting so corporate and professional. We work in entertainment, so a laid back office… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A frustrating place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at AEG

Pros: They offer a great package of benefits for all employees. Pay scale… Cons: Manager's sole concern is the bottom line. Developing talent and managing… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AEG.

Worked for AEG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AEG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AEG CEO Dan Beckerman. All reviews posted anonymously by AEG employees.