There are newer employer reviews for AEG

The Biggest Little Company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AEG full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Diversity of events, salary, challenge in what you do. Events span from award shows to NBA games to NHL Games

Cons

Too much territorial control over responsibility areas. Need to work more closely as a team to leverage skill sets across the enterprise.

Advice to Management

Stop the Ready, Fire, Aim approach. Listen to the doers and do not let the others sway your logic.

reviews filtered by

Frustrating isn't the word for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AEG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

AEG is exciting - they have their hands in everything! I love their ambition and ability to take on new projects (i.e. Farmers Field - NFL stadium in LA) within new markets at whim. They take risks and have the financial backing of billionaire, Philip Anschutz, to make their dreams turn into reality. The business prospects and future of AEG are bright due to their business model, financial backing and lack of any real competitors. I was thrilled to nail the job at AEG and had the best intentions upon accepting my offer letter. I made it to the big leagues... or so I thought.

Cons

Management provides little to no training to their employees (I was trained by a third party consultant), fails to foster growth & does not recognize the work that is being done by each individual. Nor will they back you in discussions with top management. They continually throw hard working people who do the majority of the work under the bus at whim. They burn employees to the ground with unrealistic amounts of work all with deadlines that can't be met unless one succumbs and burns the midnight oil - thus many will ultimately get forced out. I can't tell you the amount of people that I've seen who have been "let go" due to their at will employment clause which they mention 2x in every single job posting/description. Take note, it happens to the best of them. Lastly, if you ask for help or more assistance in managing your workload, you will be belittled and told the deadlines are what they are.

Advice to Management

The stiff, corporate, cutthroat, "do or die" environment is not conducive to productivity and creates a very hostile work environment. Management needs to offer training & support their employees. Turnover will remain staggeringly high until you change this mentality. Management also needs to create a team environment where everyone feels they are working together towards a deadline/goal. If that means a manager or director needs to get involved in the work and help out, so be it. Quit with the "he/she didn't get it done in time" - start using "we" and watch how the environment becomes more productive, intuitive & enjoyable to be in.

2. Good place to learn and grow your skills

Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AEG

Pros

It's a pretty good company to work for. Lot's of great perks, such as free tickets and access to behind the scenes stuff. I've won tickets to the Emmys and GRAMMYs because of sales contests. The environment is mostly fun and young. It's a good place to start in your first or second job, right out of college.

Cons

Corporate setting, a little gossipy, political, cliquey, LOTS of hours (60+ hr weeks are not uncommon), aggressive sales goals that many have a hard time hitting. As a sales person, you only make money off bonuses and commissions, so if you don't hit your goals, you aren't making a lot of money.

Advice to Management

Don't try to make the setting so corporate and professional. We work in entertainment, so a laid back office would be more appropriate. Also, a little recognition of working long weeks of office hours, nights, weekends, special events etc...

There are newer employer reviews for AEG