There are newer employer reviews for AEG

The Biggest Little Company I have ever worked for.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AEG full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Diversity of events, salary, challenge in what you do. Events span from award shows to NBA games to NHL Games

Cons

Too much territorial control over responsibility areas. Need to work more closely as a team to leverage skill sets across the enterprise.

Stop the Ready, Fire, Aim approach. Listen to the doers and do not let the others sway your logic.

38 Other Employee Reviews for AEG (View Most Recent)

Really interesting company -- worst of small start-up and large corporate environments

Former Employee - Accounting Manager  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Accounting Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AEG full-time for less than a year

Pros

AEG is a really interesting company, with lots of cool projects and strategies. Most of the people are really nice, smart, and helpful.

Cons

Senior management is very detached and unavailable. There is very little communication about expectations until they are not met. There is no flexibility in when or how things get done, but again no advance communication about it. There were several times when 6 o'clock rolled around, and then I was asked to stay late. Wouldn't have been a problem if it was communicated earlier! Lots of micro-managing, no career development, and little encouragement or gratitude. This is a very large private company that stills acts like a smaller firm. Instead of getting the best of both worlds, this place has the worst of each! I was the 3rd person to leave this particular group in six months. At least 1 more left within 2 months of me, and it's only a group of 5!!!

Get more involved and meet your teams! There are some very toxic environments being maintained because no one is aware (or maybe no one cares?).

Frustrating isn't the word for it

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AEG full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

AEG is exciting - they have their hands in everything! I love their ambition and ability to take on new projects (i.e. Farmers Field - NFL stadium in LA) within new markets at whim. They take risks and have the financial backing of billionaire, Philip Anschutz, to make their dreams turn into reality. The business prospects and future of AEG are bright due to their business model, financial backing and lack of any real competitors. I was thrilled to nail the job at AEG and had the best intentions upon accepting my offer letter. I made it to the big leagues... or so I thought.

Cons

Management provides little to no training to their employees (I was trained by a third party consultant), fails to foster growth & does not recognize the work that is being done by each individual. Nor will they back you in discussions with top management. They continually throw hard working people who do the majority of the work under the bus at whim. They burn employees to the ground with unrealistic amounts of work all with deadlines that can't be met unless one succumbs and burns the midnight oil - thus many will ultimately get forced out. I can't tell you the amount of people that I've seen who have been "let go" due to their at will employment clause which they mention 2x in every single job posting/description. Take note, it happens to the best of them. Lastly, if you ask for help or more assistance in managing your workload, you will be belittled and told the deadlines are what they are.

The stiff, corporate, cutthroat, "do or die" environment is not conducive to productivity and creates a very hostile work environment. Management needs to offer training & support their employees. Turnover will remain staggeringly high until you change this mentality. Management also needs to create a team environment where everyone feels they are working together towards a deadline/goal. If that means a manager or director needs to get involved in the work and help out, so be it. Quit with the "he/she didn't get it done in time" - start using "we" and watch how the environment becomes more productive, intuitive & enjoyable to be in.

There are newer employer reviews for AEG

Worked for AEG? Contribute to the Community!