Mechanical Engineer from Purdue

Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Bridgman, MI
Current Employee - Mechanical Engineer in Bridgman, MI

I have been working at AEP

Pros

I had a hard time in college deciding what I wanted to do with my life. I am a Purdue grad and I learned about AEP at the Engineering Round Table in 2005. I knew I wanted to do a rotational program and what could be better than working at a nuclear power plant? AEP let me hit the ground running and shape my own career. I was hired in with a group of engineers that became my best friends. My bosses are great listeners and instructors and every day on the job I learn something new. I don't feel restricted in my growth and I know this is a very stable company.

Cons

I don't always love when there are issues in the plant and it causes us to operate differently. Outages are good money but very tiring.

Advice to Management

My feedback would be that they are doing a great job in this unstable market.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

AEP is a fantastic company to work for that will present you with great opportunites.

Current Employee - Computer Operator in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Computer Operator in Columbus, OH

I have been working at AEP

Pros

There is a lot of opportunity for growth at AEP. The benefits are phenominal.

Cons

Growth can sometimes be limited in the shared services part of the company. Having worked in SS & now in one of the Operating companies I believe that the management style (in the Opco) is more geared towards developing you as a benefit to the company rather than just what you can do for your current department.

Advice to Management

The direction things have been going lately has been great. I would say that Mike needs to keep doing what he's doing. AEP has changed a lot in the last 5 years & I definitely believe it's been for the better.

You can not find a better company than AEP

Current Employee - Rotational Engineer in Bridgman, MI
    Current Employee - Rotational Engineer in Bridgman, MI

I have been working at AEP

Pros

AEP has so many great reasons to work there. The management and team I work with are so competent. I was afraid going into such a big company, but it has not been an issue at all. I get paid so well. The benefits are great and the career developement and safety standards are world class.

Cons

Sometimes management seems to only care about safety standards but I know that is necessary seeing as how we have to keep things safe in a not always so safe workign environment.

Advice to Management

I would re-evaluate some of the standards of safety breach disciplinary actions. Besides that, this job is better than anyone could ever ask for.