AFS

www.us.areva.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for AFS

Take good care of employees

Current Employee - Engineer in Aiken, SC
Current Employee - Engineer in Aiken, SC

I have been working at AFS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company does really try to make the employee happy for the most part. For example, if you had under 70k in salary, they gave a special bonus of $750 in 2012 and other stuff like that, which is very nice.

When Areva parent company did not do well in 2011, the CEO actually traveled around the globe to communicate with all employees about the down time.

The work is ok, I guess, not particularly hard, but it can get stressful sometimes.

Cons

Working in Aiken is kind of a cons since the town is pretty small and there's pretty much nothing to do.
There's not very much chance to move up the ladder, I know some people being here for 10 years and still doing the same thing they did 10 years ago, and no promotion whatsoever.
Hiring French expatriates is kind of expensive but they still do so extensively although the US workers can do the same job as well.

2 Other Employee Reviews for AFS (View Most Recent)

Great company with good individuals

Current Employee - Engineer-IV in Richland, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer-IV in Richland, WA

I have been working at AFS

Pros

Great company with talented people.

Cons

Sadly the nuclear industry seems to be in decline and as a result technical work and learning has stagnated. Also, this is a French owned company and many of the policies to seem to be eurocentric.

Management does a pretty good job of working with employees

There are newer employer reviews for AFS