There are newer employer reviews for AGLA

Ehhhh

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Wilkes Barre, PA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

I have been working at AGLA

Pros

freedom of scheduling, potential for big earnings

Cons

local management is incompetent, lazy, condescending

43 Other Employee Reviews for AGLA (View Most Recent)

There is no glass ceiling at AGLA and if you need help with a big project you get help from everyone

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at AGLA

Pros

W2 employee. If you work hard you will see that in your paychecks. This is a career not a job. Flexible scedule but have to work 30 hours plus-again this is a career. You are basically your own boss as long as you are producing.

Cons

Again this is a career not a job. It's not 9-5. You work mornings, nights, and weekends. Can be very stressful is you are not meeting standards but that doesnt happen overnight.

More advance notice of company meetings. Budget for office advertising and promotions. Less use of paper(go green) I do know the company is going in this direction

No growth opportunities, poor communication, promotions only occur after several years of service, education not valued

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist, Senior  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist, Senior in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AGLA

Pros

Benefits are pretty good as far as insurance coverage, time off, etc.

Cons

Jobs being shipped overseas but company vague about that whole process, "restructuring" and "getting lean", employees not told anything but just to focus on their jobs which is difficult when we know the ax will fall any day. Raises are crap..best received3.5%, worst 1.5%, 1.5% because I changed departments and I was "making almost as much as people in my dept that had been there a long time" which has nothing to do with my ability or skills, now they (AIG)want to invest in apartment buildings. As a government bailed out company one would think that they would try to retain employees as well as finances rather than spending money and sending jobs overseas.

Communicate more, value current employees regardless of how long they have been there, value an education over tenure.

There are newer employer reviews for AGLA

Worked for AGLA? Contribute to the Community!