AGLA
www.agla.com Nashville, TN 5000+ Employees

Great Company to Build a Long Term Career

Classic Agent (Former Employee)
Nashville, TN

ProsUnique product, Extensive training, Supportive team environment. AIG, the parent company,has generated several billion dollars of interest to pay back to tax-payers, by impressively buying back the majority of shares of stock the govt. bought in the bail-out in 2009. The company has a high level of integrity. AGLA has abundant cash reserves to cover all claims. All of it's policies include accelerated benefit riders that provide living benefits for critical, chronic and terminal illnesses.

ConsCRM technology has been slow to be updated. Training sources need to be consolidated. Too much paper is utilized in daily transactions. Generating a consistent revenue stream has taken much longer than I anticipated.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay the course you are on. Minimize paper transactions. Better synchronize the processing of application, underwriting and issue to reduce timeline.

Better Bring a Big Book of Potential Business

Sales Agent (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

I worked at AGLA full-time for less than a year

Pros: Freedom to Set Your Own Hours. Cons: They give you no leads. It's up to you to bring friends, family and/or acquaintences to quickly sell insurance policies to. You MIGHT… Advice to Senior Management: The old insurance sales model no longer works. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

In business for myself but not by myself.

Agent (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I have been working at AGLA full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: When you are doing the job well, you are left alone to get it done. When you have… Cons: Its a hard job if you work it easy and… Advice to Senior Management: National Advertising Campaigns. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AGLA.

Worked for AGLA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AGLA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AGLA CEO Jim Mallon. All reviews posted anonymously by AGLA employees.