AHIMA
www.ahima.org Chicago, IL 150 to 499 Employees

Great place to work... hard.

Employee (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at AHIMA full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPeople at AHIMA genuinely want to work hard and do a good job. They are becoming more collaborative and performance-oriented, and the culture feels much more relaxed than it did two years ago. The AHIMA members are engaged and loyal which makes daily work even more meaningful.

ConsThere are currently a lot of changes in the works and many employees are overwhelmed with the number of projects and initiatives going on simultaneously. AHIMA needs to learn to focus and take things off its plate that are no longer vital to the company's success.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead by example, coach those underneath you, and help keep focus. You don't have to be involved in every decision in order to achieve success - find good people, train them, trust them.

Painful and degrading. Everyone who does the work suffers here.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at AHIMA full-time

Pros: The location is great. It's a relatively easy commute. Cons: Employees and members are not valued. Too much interest in selling coding… Advice to Senior Management: Figure it out that you are heading down the wrong road. You have the wrong… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Horrible senior management staff, lack of vision and focus.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at AHIMA full-time

Pros: The people here are very friendly and they all want to do a good job and do right. I think the people… Cons: The problem here is the lack of leadership from the senior executives to a CEO who doesn't do a good job of supporting staff against… Advice to Senior Management: Management needs to clean house and get rid of some of their ineffective… – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on AHIMA.

Worked for AHIMA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AHIMA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AHIMA CEO Lynne Thomas Gordon. All reviews posted anonymously by AHIMA employees.