Flexibile work schedule, Good employees, and overall a nice work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Durham, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at AICPA full-time for more than a year

Pros

Since beginning my career with the AICPA, the vast majority of my experience has been positive. All of my co-workers are knowledgeable of their field and more than willing to provide assistance when needed. The company overall is very professional and it is obvious that it takes care of their employees. The company is continually growing and it wants it's employees to grow with it. AICPA provides a generous benefits plan, tuition reimbursement, gym reimbursement, flexible work schedules and several employee engagement activities throughout the year.

Cons

The company culture and hierarchy of its employees is something I had to get used to but every corporation has a distinct culture. I have noticed that temporary employees are not given the same respect as full time employees which seems odd because they do the same work as the full time staff. If an individual is hired in a temporary position with the same responsibilities as a full time employee, my suggestion to the company is to provide them with the same respect.

Management is doing an excellent job of promoting within, keeping employees engaged, providing development programs, and maintaining an overall positive work environment. My only advice to management is to consider temporary employees actual employees throughout their contracts, rather than considering them an after thought.

Other Reviews for AICPA

Lots of experience... but too much mico-managing

Current Employee - Coordinator  in  Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Durham, NC

I have been working at AICPA full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Plenty of projects to get experience

Cons

Too much politics and micro-managing

Cut levels of management and give employees personal responsibility. Stop micro-managing EVERYTHING.

Good employee culture, weak management

Former Employee - IT Manager  in  Durham, NC
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at AICPA full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong network between employees, frequent performance measurement and feedback, nice facilities, cafeteria, useful technology, internal advancement

Cons

Favoritism and politics within executive management is high, small company that operates with the complexity of a massive organization, merit increases are minimal

Take better care of middle management with higher salaries and increased support from executive management.

There are newer employer reviews for AICPA.

Worked for AICPA? Contribute to the Community!