There are newer employer reviews for AICPA

Flexibile work schedule, Good employees, and overall a nice work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at AICPA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since beginning my career with the AICPA, the vast majority of my experience has been positive. All of my co-workers are knowledgeable of their field and more than willing to provide assistance when needed. The company overall is very professional and it is obvious that it takes care of their employees. The company is continually growing and it wants it's employees to grow with it. AICPA provides a generous benefits plan, tuition reimbursement, gym reimbursement, flexible work schedules and several employee engagement activities throughout the year.

Cons

The company culture and hierarchy of its employees is something I had to get used to but every corporation has a distinct culture. I have noticed that temporary employees are not given the same respect as full time employees which seems odd because they do the same work as the full time staff. If an individual is hired in a temporary position with the same responsibilities as a full time employee, my suggestion to the company is to provide them with the same respect.

Advice to Management

Management is doing an excellent job of promoting within, keeping employees engaged, providing development programs, and maintaining an overall positive work environment. My only advice to management is to consider temporary employees actual employees throughout their contracts, rather than considering them an after thought.

Other Employee Reviews for AICPA

Senior Manager

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at AICPA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nonprofit. Some people are great to work with

Cons

Has no competition. Majority of employees have never worked anywhere but at the Institute. No new energy. Very bureacratic. Ever since the company moved back offices to NC, all benefits and salary increments are catered to NC employees. Lost many good staff members from other locations because of this.

Advice to Management

Keep ears open and really listen to employees and staff. Find out why revenue is being lost. NC staff need to be trained from HR to other departments including editorial and technical staff. Ask them to pick up their phones and answer emails. Train managers. Don't have managers tell staff that HR is dictating merit numbers and then base salary increments on those pre-ascertained merit numbers.

2. Good employee culture, weak management

Former Employee - IT Manager in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - IT Manager in Durham, NC

I worked at AICPA full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Strong network between employees, frequent performance measurement and feedback, nice facilities, cafeteria, useful technology, internal advancement

Cons

Favoritism and politics within executive management is high, small company that operates with the complexity of a massive organization, merit increases are minimal

Advice to Management

Take better care of middle management with higher salaries and increased support from executive management.