AICPA

www.aicpa.org
  www.aicpa.org
There are newer employer reviews for AICPA

Good people, slow execution on processes

Former Employee - Accounting in Durham, NC
Former Employee - Accounting in Durham, NC

I worked at AICPA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly people, reasonable, good sense of humor

Cons

Slow internal processes, bureaucratic, too much red tape

Cut down the red tape

71 Other Employee Reviews for AICPA (View Most Recent)

Good company, bad management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I worked at AICPA full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I worked in the Texas office. The managers were very nice, we had flexible schedules and everyone cared about their job. It was a great environment and we accomplished a lot.

When I got laid off, they made sure I was able to receive my pension.

Cons

I had some difficulties with HR over the 5 years I worked there.

Senior management has a preference for the Durham office.

Flexibile work schedule, Good employees, and overall a nice work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at AICPA full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Since beginning my career with the AICPA, the vast majority of my experience has been positive. All of my co-workers are knowledgeable of their field and more than willing to provide assistance when needed. The company overall is very professional and it is obvious that it takes care of their employees. The company is continually growing and it wants it's employees to grow with it. AICPA provides a generous benefits plan, tuition reimbursement, gym reimbursement, flexible work schedules and several employee engagement activities throughout the year.

Cons

The company culture and hierarchy of its employees is something I had to get used to but every corporation has a distinct culture. I have noticed that temporary employees are not given the same respect as full time employees which seems odd because they do the same work as the full time staff. If an individual is hired in a temporary position with the same responsibilities as a full time employee, my suggestion to the company is to provide them with the same respect.

Management is doing an excellent job of promoting within, keeping employees engaged, providing development programs, and maintaining an overall positive work environment. My only advice to management is to consider temporary employees actual employees throughout their contracts, rather than considering them an after thought.

There are newer employer reviews for AICPA