There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Decent

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIG

Pros

The people can be very nice at certin times especially during tougher times in your life.

Cons

The compensation is not as great as it ould be. They could provide more bnefits which would be great.

Keep doing yiur best to make things better in terjs of pay and benefits and overall workplace atmosphere.

reviews filtered by
  1. started well went downhill

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

1. Lot to learn and challenging environment
    2. Some very smart people
    3. Largest Commercial Insurer

Cons

1. Lot of Sr. Management from JP, creating issues with moving up
    2. Bureaucratic
    3. resistant to change

open up the promotion process for a particular employee.

2. You worked very hard putting foreign financial statements together every quarter, including statutory and GAAP reserves

Former Employee - Consultant, Actuary in Wilmington, DE
    Former Employee - Consultant, Actuary in Wilmington, DE

I worked at AIG

Pros

AIG has at least 60 countries reporting in different currencies, so you need a way to facilitate how you will get all of the 'data' into the system which is intended to compute reserves. It is possible to do it, and in the end of the quarter, have it all come out of the system into dollars. So I thought that was excellent because you don't want to have Euros mixed up with Yen and not have a way to separate them. In fact, there were about 16 modifications to enter the system, including how you get into it.
    Also, some of the poeple at the company are very nice and stop by when ever you are there, whereas others don't bother to do that.
    I have calculated statutory, tax and GAAP reserves for at least 15 years or more. I really like it. I've calculated them for every product in the U.S. and a lot of countries, both at AIG and at PolySystems.

Cons

I was a consultant which I thought meant after six or 7 months I would be hired full time. However, at that time, I think some of the upper level of people in the company had heard that trouble was coming and they just told me I was to leave in two weeks.
    I also felt like several of the people I knew from nine years before I went there didn't talk too me too much because I wasn't permanent.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG