AIG

Sale! Sale! Sale!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Macon, GA
Current Employee - Sales Agent in Macon, GA

I have been working at AIG

Pros

The benefits package they have awesome. The medical coverage is a lttle expenesive but the best I have ever seen.

Cons

For an agent to make any money they have to sale and ISSUE policies daily. An agents pay can fluctuate dramtically based on wether or not they issued a policy that week. You earn a monthly bonus if you stay in their sales matrix, which is based on weekly issue and your persistency of the business you already wrote. If you fall out of the matrix, your not going to make any money. The underwriting is very strict in getting policies issued. If a client has the least little medical illness, AGLA will rate them higher or even just decline them.

They need to pay their agents more for the persistency of the book of business. They are more concerned with new sales than protecting what they already have. They need to become less strict on their underwritng and pay more commissions on what is issued.

860 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

A Must Work For Employer for College Grads majoring in insurance -- Their Training Program is Second to None.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at AIG

Pros

It was a financially sound company at the time I was employed.

Cons

Multi-level management in all divisions

Communication is the key to a successful relationship between the employees and the employer

Global giant no more

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AIG

Pros

Worked in a small group within the larger AIG Investments. Investments was large and invested in a myriad of products. AIG was truly a global powerhouse. Although now it would seem that the company will be sold in parts to other insurance or financial institutions.

Cons

Lack of communication between groups. Little shared expertise between groups.

My advice would have been to have better knowledge sharing between groups.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG