Sale! Sale! Sale!

Current Employee - Sales Agent in Macon, GA
Current Employee - Sales Agent in Macon, GA

Pros

The benefits package they have awesome. The medical coverage is a lttle expenesive but the best I have ever seen.

Cons

For an agent to make any money they have to sale and ISSUE policies daily. An agents pay can fluctuate dramtically based on wether or not they issued a policy that week. You earn a monthly bonus if you stay in their sales matrix, which is based on weekly issue and your persistency of the business you already wrote. If you fall out of the matrix, your not going to make any money. The underwriting is very strict in getting policies issued. If a client has the least little medical illness, AGLA will rate them higher or even just decline them.

Advice to Management

They need to pay their agents more for the persistency of the book of business. They are more concerned with new sales than protecting what they already have. They need to become less strict on their underwritng and pay more commissions on what is issued.

Other Employee Reviews for AIG

1. Nice environment to work and learn new things, probably not a good timing with AIG situation.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY

Pros

They have the best technology money can buy. Equipments are up to date. Never a mundane work place. Projects are interesting and keep you challenged. Most people are friendly towards each other with client focus in mind. Managers are understanding and flexible. They allow you to work from home as long as you have a valid reason and not abuse it.

Cons

Daily long hours of work and weekend work is frequent if you are in Technology. Off shore consultants are incompetent to say the least. A bit bureaucratic with structured processes. It is mainly for SarBox and audit but it could get the way of completing tasks needed to accomplish. Strict compliance rules and regulations for personal trading, don’t even think about "day trading".

Advice to Management

There are more than twice the amount of consultants than employees. Let go the ones that are not producing results.

2. AIG Underwriting

Current Employee - Underwritting Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Underwritting Technician in Chicago, IL

Pros

The feeling of stability. You get recognition for going above and beyond what is expected of you. They will give you every chance to develop your career. I feel my management is very knowledgeable and easy to get along with. Everyone in my department is willing to help and teach me so that I can fully understand what I am doing.

Cons

When it rains, it pours. The company match for the 401K plan does not maximize your investment potential until you have been at the company 10 years. Medical and other benefits are in line with what my peers are offered in other offices. You are unable to access your personal benefit statement at home. If you want to make changes, you need to do it at work. Sometimes that makes me feel like my privacy is being invaded, whether its by IT security's abilty to see personal and private information, or from people walking by my cube.

Advice to Management

Get us out of this financial mess and get back on track with the stock. Ed Liddy seems like a very good choice for our new CEO. Hopefully his tenure with AIG is long term.