There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Greta place to start an insurance career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at AIG

Pros

Good place to start. Great fundamentals and senior management is helpful

Cons

Can be overwhelming at times

712 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

I enjoyed my time at AIG

Former Employee - Accountant in Beaumont, TX
    Former Employee - Accountant in Beaumont, TX

I worked at AIG

Pros

Nice office, nice people (for the most part), state of the art equipment to work with, great cafeteria

Cons

There were a couple of people there who for some reason thought I worked only for them, when in fact I was part of their team. Sometimes treated like I was a secretary, asked to fax, file, make folders (this was OK, my mother is a secretary). When I finally mentioned this to my supervisor, he promptly informed my team members that I had equal status to them as an accountant.

There were some employees who were slackers and didn't carry their weight. Some took extra long lunches and breaks. There were employees who would ask others to do their work for them.

Overall, I liked working at AIG and found it to be a great starting place.

When employees take extra long lunches and breaks or wait until after 5:00 to do some work to get paid overtime, it affects the overall productivity. These employees also put pressure on those of us who actually make effective use of time and discourage us which can have an effect on our moral.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Production Support Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

The people are friendly and the atmosphere is good to work. The work is always challenging. good technical skills can be acquired in this place.

Cons

The shift timings are wierd. Difficult to cope up with the timings. Your normal schedule is affected when you work in rotational shift basis.

Please improve the cafeteria and try to improve the work station space. It is too small to accomodate everything that you got with you.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG