AIG
www.aig.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Pay below par

Information Security Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at AIG

ProsThe people are generally really good folks trying to do a good job. Depending on the department, it can be rather a family-like atmosphere. However, some other parts of the company are extremely uptight and inflexible. There is potential for the person who can learn and play the political game well.

ConsTechnical skills are not well rewarded and any job outside of the NYC area is paid at less than equivalent jobs in the same market. Getting chewed out by my neighbors when the market imploded and having some of them resent me just for working there for 8 months was extremely trying.

Advice to Senior ManagementI had excellent reviews and only got a 2% raise...that is why I did not stay around. My compensation was below normal even in my local market for my skills. Just because I am not in NYC does not automatically devalue my skills and work. And yes, sometimes it is correct for the technical folks to make more than their management when the skills demand it. It should not be a requirement to grovel for professional training - yet it is frequently the case.

Neutral

I have been working at AIG

Pros: 80% of the time you work 9 - 6pm. Not stressful… Cons: No clear advancement schedules or opportunities. Not clear guidance in performance. Promotions… Advice to Senior Management: Set clear guidance for Promotion Schedules. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

A little chaotic, lots of opportunity to help effect meaningful change in the current environment.

I have been working at AIG

Pros: Current opportunity - the industry and the company are in a period of rapid change, investing in… Cons: The company's reputation, and the current governmental ownership, are a little tough to deal with these days - especially when most of us had zero… Advice to Senior Management: Hire some HR professionals - the current group is shoddy in their… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AIG.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AIG CEO Robert Benmosche. All reviews posted anonymously by AIG employees.