AIG

www.aig.com

Overall very good.

IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Jersey City, NJ

ProsThe job paid well and I liked my bosses very much. AIG has many very bright and talented professionals from whom to learn. I highly value the experience I received there.

ConsI worked REALLY hard and long hours. My project was successful but for some reason I don't think management saw that. There is significant functional compartmentalization and it's difficult to determine where to go for explanations on how to accomplish everything.

Advice to Senior ManagementTop management has an extremely difficult job based on the financial issues which apparently stemmed from a financial division that took very high risks that led to the near collapse of the entire company. Benmosche and most of his predecessors appeared to be honest, intelligent, hard working people that appear to have been successful at saving this very large and disparate institution. My more direct managers were fantastic! (Despite the fact that I was laid off I am really glad to have worked there for as long as I did.) As for advice I'd suggest that, if it's possible, to clarify to employees how to get things done and whom to go to in order to do so. The bureaucracy is formidable and frustrating.

Started off rocky, got down right terrible but is emerging once again-Gets better every day

Satisfied Employee (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

I have been working at AIG

Pros: Benefits, Flexibility (both personal & professional), opportunity to learn and advance, supports obtaining certifications & continuing education, has become an industry leader… Cons: Communication is improving but still not even at basic levels. Changes are made without all stakeholder knowledge or proper up/down stream impact. Changes… Advice to Senior Management: You have improved leaps and bounds over the past 3 years. We have a long way to go. Most of the issues we… More

Difficult times led to difficult environment

Business Analyst (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at AIG

Pros: Fellow employees, Social atmosphere. Benefits/vacation/time off. Cons: Who you know and who knows you. Compensation. Communication from… Advice to Senior Management: Needed to connect with employees better. Needed to be present… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on AIG.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!