There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Very solid per 2008. Disorganized and rudderless since.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

You can easily succeed by just being above average. If you like being pigeon holed for you entire career it's great. Also if you have no ambition this is the place.

Cons

Blatant favoritism, No stock. Bad review process. No salarie increases. Poor benefit packages.

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

720 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

It was a great company to work for when I first started.

Former Employee - Accountant II in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accountant II in New York, NY

I worked at AIG

Pros

Largest and most recognizable insurance company.

Cons

Associated with the 2008 bailout.

Be more clear as to where the company is headed.

Overall very good.

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at AIG

Pros

The job paid well and I liked my bosses very much. AIG has many very bright and talented professionals from whom to learn. I highly value the experience I received there.

Cons

I worked REALLY hard and long hours. My project was successful but for some reason I don't think management saw that. There is significant functional compartmentalization and it's difficult to determine where to go for explanations on how to accomplish everything.

Top management has an extremely difficult job based on the financial issues which apparently stemmed from a financial division that took very high risks that led to the near collapse of the entire company. Benmosche and most of his predecessors appeared to be honest, intelligent, hard working people that appear to have been successful at saving this very large and disparate institution. My more direct managers were fantastic! (Despite the fact that I was laid off I am really glad to have worked there for as long as I did.) As for advice I'd suggest that, if it's possible, to clarify to employees how to get things done and whom to go to in order to do so. The bureaucracy is formidable and frustrating.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG