AIG
www.aig.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Great place to learn - sadly the financial crisis may make other options more appealing.

Vice President (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at AIG

ProsAIG is about the best company in the industry to learn and gain exposure to challenges beyond your expectations. The challenges will guarantee you success at any other company in the industry.

ConsRegretfully, AIG has been hit hard by the financial crisis in the U.S. The P&C insurance companies have performed well over the years, but, the challenges that face the parent company and financial exposures may be difficult to overcome. This places a tremendous amount of pressure on all employees. The environment was demanding and challenging before the current financial issues and it has only escalated now.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe completely honest with your employees. The business is based on the personal relationships of front lines mangers and they need to know exactly what is going on. The managers communicate directly with the clients and control the revenue of the P&C "crown jewels" of the organization. .

Risky, but possibly worth it

Project Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at AIG

Pros: When I signed on, the best reason to work there was name recognition and scope of projects. (Obviously, I managed to join at exactly… Cons: The current rending of the company limb from limb is a minus. I wouldn't dissuade people from joining now, because I think that things… Advice to Senior Management: More salaried workers! Get a skeleton team, and THEN flesh out with contractors. Contractors… More

Best company I've worked for, will never go back to work for one of the Big 4 accounting firms.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros: AIG is a fantastic company to work for. First of all, thesalary is competitive and the working hours are flexible. You can come in at… Cons: Getting access to information owned by other groups. Advice to Senior Management: Create a strong Risk Management department to make sure the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AIG.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AIG CEO Robert Benmosche. All reviews posted anonymously by AIG employees.