www.aig.com
There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Current Employee - Service Specialist in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Service Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AIG

Pros

Flexibility of the hours permitted to work. Recognition for successes on the job. Able to take holiday without the worrying about getting requests denied. There is a strong support staff in place that to help other individuals succeed. There are ample networking techniques in place to broaden industry knowledge. The experience of working within the company has set a strong framework for future endeavors.

Cons

The stresses associated with the current financial market relating to job security. Need to retain workers has led to the retention of individuals who would otherwise not be qualified within their current positions. Typical, 9 to 5 job environment.

Recognize and reward those who outperform their peers.

860 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

How the mighty have fallen

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at AIG

Pros

Pay scale is very good compared to market. There is a comfortable low-pressure work environment, so much so that the pace is almost too slow. I hope the company will survive, I do not want to leave yet.

Cons

Obviously the current financial crisis and uncertainty about the future is a downside. AIG is no longer a company you want to tell people you work for. Additionally, the company is a bit old-fashioned in terms of working from home and flexible schedule. They want to see your face from 9 to 5 regardless of whether or not your are productive.

I wouln't presume to tell Senior Management how to get our of the current mess.

AIG Sunamerica was a good start.

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Woodland Hills, CA

I worked at AIG

Pros

Not as political as some organizations are. Also there are a lot of internal growth / movement opportunities.

Cons

Low pay; they tend to keep non-performers.

The company needs to invest more in the equipment used by it's employees.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG