AIG
www.aig.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

AIG

Service Specialist (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at AIG

ProsFlexibility of the hours permitted to work. Recognition for successes on the job. Able to take holiday without the worrying about getting requests denied. There is a strong support staff in place that to help other individuals succeed. There are ample networking techniques in place to broaden industry knowledge. The experience of working within the company has set a strong framework for future endeavors.

ConsThe stresses associated with the current financial market relating to job security. Need to retain workers has led to the retention of individuals who would otherwise not be qualified within their current positions. Typical, 9 to 5 job environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and reward those who outperform their peers.

How the mighty have fallen

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at AIG

Pros: Pay scale is very good compared to market. There is a comfortable low-pressure work environment, so much so that… Cons: Obviously the current financial crisis and uncertainty about the future is a downside. AIG is no longer a company you want to tell people… Advice to Senior Management: I wouln't presume to tell Senior Management how to get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

AIG training ground, then move on

Anonymous (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros: Training, company resources are plentiful Cons: Pay and the idea that everyone should be treated fairly… Advice to Senior Management: Reward key employees accordingly. Don't be afraid to fire employees… More

There are newer reviews on AIG.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AIG CEO Robert Benmosche. All reviews posted anonymously by AIG employees.