AIG

www.aig.com

Good place to settle down

Programmer (Current Employee) Greensboro, NC

ProsThe best reasons to work for UG are the benefits and focus on work/life balance. It's easy to work from home, and managers are very flexible with regards to scheduling personal errands. The pay is pretty good, as are the benefits. Further, at least in an IT capacity, UG is a forward-thinking entity. We use new technologies and write good software, which makes a job as a programmer pretty enjoyable.

ConsBecause most UG employees have stuck around for the long haul, it's very difficult to get more responsibility. A talented young employee will probably not enjoy being told to wait a few years to get interesting work because that's just the way things are done at UG. The domain (mortgage insurance) is kind of boring as well.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's been very little feedback to IT&S employees since the start of the AIG crisis. As far as I know, Billy Nutt hasn't been in to work since September. This is troubling because I know people who work in other departments who claim to have gotten weekly updates from senior management about the state of the economy and how it affects UG. That definitely makes IT employees feel unwanted.

An unvarnished view of AIG

Credit Manager (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at AIG

Pros: High Pay, but lost my job. The influx of… Cons: Tarp money, no big bonus anymore. The government is now a partner, in fact owns 80… Advice to Senior Management: Follow the rules, cut salaries and bonus, and go back to the old school of business. Get paid for what you do, and not… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to get tons of experience in the insurance industry.

Product Line Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at AIG

Pros: You can gain a ton of experience in a very short time. There are many opportunities for advancement, even for fairly young employees… Cons: The negative perception of AIG in the press these days. This has led to general depression at work and realization that we are no… Advice to Senior Management: Give your employees the tools, salary, and training to want… More
There are newer reviews on AIG.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!