AIG

Save AIG - the greatest insurance giant alive

Current Employee - Underwriter
Current Employee - Underwriter

I have been working at AIG

Pros

I think that they are flexible in terms of allowing individuals to balance their family lives and work. They are very far with their compensation and various other benefits. They are the biggest insurance company in the world - this means that as an employee you get great exposure to the insurance industry and your knowledge of the insurance business expands because of the vast business lines you're exposed to.

Cons

The only downside is that with the recent reports on AIG's performance - it's quite embarrasing because the first thing people remember is that we've made the largest loss in a quater (in the word's history)!

I think Senior Management should be more prudent in the manner in which they handle financial decisions so that this great insurance giant may remain alive.

855 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

This is just a snapshot....

I have been working at AIG

Pros

Good people, work environment and culture.

Cons

Base salary is too low for new graduate students.

I worked as a part of their property and casualty insurance division. And I worked at their profit center.

I worked at AIG

Pros

The work environment was very friendly. The people there were always willing to help me when I needed help. The higher management team was very approachable and took me out for lunch a couple of times.

Cons

There was not a lot of negative things I can say about the firm but I wish people wore ties more often.

I do not have that many suggestions to management as a former intern. It was an excellent intern opportunity and thank you very much for providing me the chance!

There are newer employer reviews for AIG