AIG

www.aig.com
  www.aig.com
There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Most unprofessional company I ever worked for

Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Senior Manager in New York, NY

I worked at AIG full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you really need a job, it's a job...but get out as soon as you can.

Cons

In my over 35 years in my profession, I have never worked in a company that is so incompetent, so back-stabbing, and so full of lying on every management level. Any one who does not tow the company line is forced out and made to do work well below their grade level. Management is locked into the 1970s and gets excited if they bring the company forward to where other companies were in 1981,. If you kiss up enough, and have no principles of your own, you will probably get promoted. You will also have little or no personal life. I know of people who got heart attacks on the job, and came back to work prematurely. It's an old-boy system here (if you get my drift). Good people have been demoralized over the years. I have worked for banks, brokerage firms, and other industries, but this company is the one I am ashamed even to ever have been associated it.

Instead of senior management constantly congratulating themselves, try listening to your junior staff members. Stop acting like a 1970s mindset will see you through the 21st century.

781 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

need to get ducks in a row

Current Employee - Duck I Out in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Duck I Out in Edison, NJ

I have been working at AIG full-time (more than an year)

Pros

PTO,good bens,day 1 benefits other than that keep looking elsewhere

Cons

how can a company with the name AIG have such horrible training,horrible management and no idea from day 1 what you are doing?To hire employees, common sense tells you to have a handbook of policies and procedures,some type of protocol to go by. When you have nothing from day one, you have a nightmare and disaster waiting to happen. A note to management and the higher ups, DO YOUR HOMEWORK!!! In order to succeed, you need a good environment to work in, not an environment where no one has a clue and the workflow on a daily basis always changes. This deserves a CMON MAN!!!! Sorry but i do have to speak my mind and will let anyone know that is interested in working for this company, look elsewhereor you will be jumping ship quicker than you can say, Can i go now?

yeah plenty of advice "GET YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW!!!"

Not a Good Place to Work

I have been working at AIG full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Telecommuting and flextime.
    Domestic partner benefits.
    2-for-1 charitable giving match.

Cons

Relative Performance Ranking is actually based upon popularity.
    Everything is getting outsourced overseas.

People need a sense of accomplishment and appreciation.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG