AIG
www.aig.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Most unprofessional company I ever worked for

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsIf you really need a job, it's a job...but get out as soon as you can.

ConsIn my over 35 years in my profession, I have never worked in a company that is so incompetent, so back-stabbing, and so full of lying on every management level. Any one who does not tow the company line is forced out and made to do work well below their grade level. Management is locked into the 1970s and gets excited if they bring the company forward to where other companies were in 1981,. If you kiss up enough, and have no principles of your own, you will probably get promoted. You will also have little or no personal life. I know of people who got heart attacks on the job, and came back to work prematurely. It's an old-boy system here (if you get my drift). Good people have been demoralized over the years. I have worked for banks, brokerage firms, and other industries, but this company is the one I am ashamed even to ever have been associated it.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of senior management constantly congratulating themselves, try listening to your junior staff members. Stop acting like a 1970s mindset will see you through the 21st century.

need to get ducks in a row

Duck I Out (Current Employee)
    Edison, NJ

I have been working at AIG full-time for more than a year

Pros: PTO,good bens,day 1 benefits other than that keep looking elsewhere Cons: how can a company with the name AIG have such horrible training,horrible management and no idea from day 1 what you are doing?To hire employees,… Advice to Senior Management: yeah plenty of advice "GET YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW!!!" No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Not a Good Place to Work

I have been working at AIG full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Telecommuting and flextime. Domestic partner benefits. 2-for-1 charitable giving match. Cons: Relative Performance Ranking is actually based upon popularity. Everything is getting… Advice to Senior Management: People need a sense of accomplishment and appreciation. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AIG.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AIG CEO Robert Benmosche. All reviews posted anonymously by AIG employees.