AIG
www.aig.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Could be better

Business Analyst (Current Employee)
Berkeley Heights, NJ

ProsTelecommuting option a few days per week, good benefits, capable coworkers

ConsThere are too many layers of upper management and bureaucracy. There are not enough social activities to bring employees or departments together. The hiring process is a joke. A consultant still has to jump through hoops just go get hired fulltime and it takes the company years to convert them. The company need to reign back on offshoring IT work that requires more critical thinking skills just to save cost. It does not save cost when a project that's handled offshore ends up taking 2-3x as long to complete because the offshore folks struggle to understand business requirements and can't translate them into quality output.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove the hiring process. Don't make a qualified consultant wait years before converting them. Hold more social functions and foster better relation across different departments. Upper management should strive for a more open door policy. Stop sending jobs offshore that require critical thinking/strategic/innovative skills. Not all jobs can be outsourced. This is not a cost cutting measure that will succeed in the long run.

Overall it is a good company with good values and some great people.

Unit Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at AIG full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: My intentions were to stay with them until I retired, but unfortunate,… Cons: Job security was a concern. Advice to Senior Management: More effective planning, taking all factors into consideration including employees… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

AIG Review

I have been working at AIG full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: International Presence. Financial Strength Brand Image Horizontal Job Opportunities Vertical Job Opportunities Retirement Benefits Are… Cons: Pay for Performance System Utilized The Past Two Years is essentially an episode of "Survivor" where… Advice to Senior Management: Create opportunities for advancement outsdie of New York. Most of the positions we post are still… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on AIG.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AIG CEO Robert Benmosche. All reviews posted anonymously by AIG employees.