AIG
www.aig.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Fine international company now struggling to redeem itself.

Director (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at AIG

ProsI was attracted to this mega international company. Excellent benefits as well as discounts available on items such as phone service, theatre tickets - tons of these things. When I started the company had a great reputation...now, not so much.

ConsSilo organization of hundreds of smaller insurance companies under the AIG umbrella. Difficult to move across the companies. Antiquated HR practices - no flexible work arrangements, telecommuting, job sharing in my business entity - although others were better. Bonus plan had no teeth - impossible to know what the target was and how to get there.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe business succeeds on the backs of the 'average' employee. Remember them.

I had no problem coming into work everyday. I enjoyed working there, while the company was in Milwaukee.

Clerical Support (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at AIG

Pros: In most departments, the staff and managers were very supportive.… Cons: Too bad they had to take our jobs to Texas,… Advice to Senior Management: Pay attention to what your staff is saying. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Nice place to work if you like moving at a very slow pace

Project Manager (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros: Great work-life balance Very flexible regarding time-off or working from home when necessary Hours are… Cons: No direction/leadership provided by senior management - things are constantly changing Serious lack of communication from senior… Advice to Senior Management: Keep up the great work with the work-life balance culture, but please give your rank and file employees some… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on AIG.

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at AIG reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for AIG CEO Robert Benmosche. All reviews posted anonymously by AIG employees.