AIG

www.aig.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Nice environment to work and learn new things, probably not a good timing with AIG situation.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

They have the best technology money can buy. Equipments are up to date. Never a mundane work place. Projects are interesting and keep you challenged. Most people are friendly towards each other with client focus in mind. Managers are understanding and flexible. They allow you to work from home as long as you have a valid reason and not abuse it.

Cons

Daily long hours of work and weekend work is frequent if you are in Technology. Off shore consultants are incompetent to say the least. A bit bureaucratic with structured processes. It is mainly for SarBox and audit but it could get the way of completing tasks needed to accomplish. Strict compliance rules and regulations for personal trading, don’t even think about "day trading".

There are more than twice the amount of consultants than employees. Let go the ones that are not producing results.

857 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

AIG Underwriting

Current Employee - Underwritting Technician in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Underwritting Technician in Chicago, IL

I have been working at AIG

Pros

The feeling of stability. You get recognition for going above and beyond what is expected of you. They will give you every chance to develop your career. I feel my management is very knowledgeable and easy to get along with. Everyone in my department is willing to help and teach me so that I can fully understand what I am doing.

Cons

When it rains, it pours. The company match for the 401K plan does not maximize your investment potential until you have been at the company 10 years. Medical and other benefits are in line with what my peers are offered in other offices. You are unable to access your personal benefit statement at home. If you want to make changes, you need to do it at work. Sometimes that makes me feel like my privacy is being invaded, whether its by IT security's abilty to see personal and private information, or from people walking by my cube.

Get us out of this financial mess and get back on track with the stock. Ed Liddy seems like a very good choice for our new CEO. Hopefully his tenure with AIG is long term.

you are in your own hand

Current Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at AIG

Pros

the awd is a very good place to work if you looking for a steady lay back position. If you want to make money be a part of the senior management. The benefits are ok however you will pay a higher than usual benefit. The available pto time ar fairly good. the management are flexible. they are really supporting diversity and it's ttue for the upper management too.

Cons

There is no premium just upper management got a check here and there. you can ask for a raise but you won't receive a lot. You can get a 25$ gift card once in a while.

I can't really say anything other than fire half of the division and start fresh. ok that was just a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG