AIG

Overall Happy.

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor. in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor. in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at AIG

Pros

It is very similar to running your own business. I have a lot of freedom to make sure I do right by my customers. All of the management team has been promoted from lower positions. This company is very strong on promoting from within. I am a young supervisor, but they took a chance on me even though I don't have a lot of management experience.

Cons

Bad employees are feared by management. They fear that they will get sued. Good employees are held to consistent procedures, but exceptions are made for the bad employees. I have employees that have been on multiple written warnings, but have never been fired (just more warnings).

Fire the bad employees. They are frustrating the rest of us. I would also like to add that they should keep the supervisors off of the phones because it keeps the support away from the employees that need them.

788 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

so-so

Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Accountant in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

Big company. ok benefits, worldwide name

Cons

Very little upward mibility, low salaries

Challenge your staff

Disappointed with managements professionalism

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Syracuse, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Syracuse, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

Ability to gain critical knowledge and licensing to use as lever to gain employment with better company.

Cons

Very poor management. Managers perspective is to look down on general employee's and fail to understand how to provide good customer service resulting in incorporating methods that only agitate customers. management also has the "good-ole-boy" attitude when promotional opportunities are posted. To the point as where if the people they want to select do not submit for the job the job will mysteriously be pulled from the active postings.

Understand the product we sell and service and let the employee's do their jobs... they, after all are the only employee's licensed to do the job so it makes sense they also know how best to do the job.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG