AIG

Wait and see......

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

I have worked with very professional and qualified managers. Great global experience as well.

Cons

Turbulant time. The next two years will tell.

Be as transparent as possible and get the company back on track. Strong leadership and committment will hopefully be enough at this time in AIG's history.

821 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

It's a living...

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

It's a large company so you have a lot of exposure to different audiences, businesses and markets. Good place to learn lots, as long as you're comfortable with working at a 'boring insurance company'. Some good people and generally friendly environment.

Cons

Well, we got completely hammered the last few months so it will be a tough few months going forward. Overall, the crisis was not managed all that well with lots of employees afraid for their jobs and livelihoods. More generally, very strict and conservative corporate culture; the bureaucracy can be frustrating at times. The office politics can also be irritating when they arise. Maybe it's just because I work in marketing where people gossip, but there is too much backstabbing talk which poisons productivity with its negativity.

Institute a business casual dress code. I think people here have their ties on too tight.

you are in your own hand

Current Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Analyst in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at AIG

Pros

the awd is a very good place to work if you looking for a steady lay back position. If you want to make money be a part of the senior management. The benefits are ok however you will pay a higher than usual benefit. The available pto time ar fairly good. the management are flexible. they are really supporting diversity and it's ttue for the upper management too.

Cons

There is no premium just upper management got a check here and there. you can ask for a raise but you won't receive a lot. You can get a 25$ gift card once in a while.

I can't really say anything other than fire half of the division and start fresh. ok that was just a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG