AIG

Wait and see......

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

I have worked with very professional and qualified managers. Great global experience as well.

Cons

Turbulant time. The next two years will tell.

Be as transparent as possible and get the company back on track. Strong leadership and committment will hopefully be enough at this time in AIG's history.

790 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

Credit crisis should be considered

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

Reasonable hours. You can advance quickly if you went to the right school or tow the party line.

Cons

Must be very "company" to get anywhere.

We are currently amidst the credit crisis and senior management needs to quick feeding us a line and telling us everything is great. They are saying that we will get a bonus and raise this year. If this is true they need to re-examine this policy. The crisis is too big and everyone should sacrifice a little to help get through this. And no big old bonus for management either.

It's a living...

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

It's a large company so you have a lot of exposure to different audiences, businesses and markets. Good place to learn lots, as long as you're comfortable with working at a 'boring insurance company'. Some good people and generally friendly environment.

Cons

Well, we got completely hammered the last few months so it will be a tough few months going forward. Overall, the crisis was not managed all that well with lots of employees afraid for their jobs and livelihoods. More generally, very strict and conservative corporate culture; the bureaucracy can be frustrating at times. The office politics can also be irritating when they arise. Maybe it's just because I work in marketing where people gossip, but there is too much backstabbing talk which poisons productivity with its negativity.

Institute a business casual dress code. I think people here have their ties on too tight.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG