There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Wait and see......

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

I have worked with very professional and qualified managers. Great global experience as well.

Cons

Turbulant time. The next two years will tell.

Be as transparent as possible and get the company back on track. Strong leadership and committment will hopefully be enough at this time in AIG's history.

641 Other Employee Reviews for AIG (View Most Recent)

It's a living...

Current Employee - Marketing Communications Associate  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Communications Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

It's a large company so you have a lot of exposure to different audiences, businesses and markets. Good place to learn lots, as long as you're comfortable with working at a 'boring insurance company'. Some good people and generally friendly environment.

Cons

Well, we got completely hammered the last few months so it will be a tough few months going forward. Overall, the crisis was not managed all that well with lots of employees afraid for their jobs and livelihoods. More generally, very strict and conservative corporate culture; the bureaucracy can be frustrating at times. The office politics can also be irritating when they arise. Maybe it's just because I work in marketing where people gossip, but there is too much backstabbing talk which poisons productivity with its negativity.

Institute a business casual dress code. I think people here have their ties on too tight.

Nice environment to work and learn new things, probably not a good timing with AIG situation.

Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at AIG

Pros

They have the best technology money can buy. Equipments are up to date. Never a mundane work place. Projects are interesting and keep you challenged. Most people are friendly towards each other with client focus in mind. Managers are understanding and flexible. They allow you to work from home as long as you have a valid reason and not abuse it.

Cons

Daily long hours of work and weekend work is frequent if you are in Technology. Off shore consultants are incompetent to say the least. A bit bureaucratic with structured processes. It is mainly for SarBox and audit but it could get the way of completing tasks needed to accomplish. Strict compliance rules and regulations for personal trading, don’t even think about "day trading".

There are more than twice the amount of consultants than employees. Let go the ones that are not producing results.

There are newer employer reviews for AIG

Worked for AIG? Contribute to the Community!